Avatar Online Podcast – Admin Talk Episode 3

Listed as: Podcast

Admin Talk Episode 3 – August 12th 2013

K101 Screenshot

Onwards to Book 2 Spirits.

AvatarTheLastAirbenderOnline.com and AvatarTheLegendOfKorraOnline.com unite for the third time as Morgan (Airspeed Prime) and Keval (TheAdminAvatar) return to discuss the last few months of news from  the perspective of being admins of Avatar/Korra fan sites. Last time round in May we were very harsh on Nick for a severe lack of information about Korra, this time we give them some praise for stepping it up big time in the lead up to SDCC, SDCC itself and doing a good job at hyping Book 2 currently with things like the recently released Republic City Hustle.
We cover a surprisingly good month of June which had a lot of news, SDCC 2013, the Book 2 trailer and even speculate on when Book 2 is coming. We end with a discussion on what we expect covering Book 2 for our sites will be like.

The Podcast is 70 minutes long.

Download the MP3 here (Right Click -> Save As)

Podcast is 70 minutes long

Podcast RSS Feed – http://feeds.feedburner.com/avatarpodcast

Stitcher – http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/jordan-garn/avatar-the-last-airbender-and-korra-online

Itunes – http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/avatar-last-airbender-podcast/id512736597

Just search “Avatar Online in podcasts” Please give us some positive feedback to help spread the show. A 5 Star Review would be tremendous. If you have any listener Questions or suggestions ask them here

Or the email address avataronlinepodcast@gmail.com

Korra Roundtable Podcast - K102 A Leaf In The Wind
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 84 - 2 Year Podcast Anniversary
Korra Roundtable Podcast - K302 Rebirth
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 185

1. momo2009 Said: Comment by momo2009 on August 12, 2013 at 9:50 am | Permalink

Ask keval why he was helping people watch book 2 episode 1 illegaly? Shouldn’t we all wait until the premiere. @airspeed

That is just the way he runs his site, he is ok with helping people view the leaks. Myself and Jordan prefer to keep that stuff off this site. It is not really my place to question how he runs his site, it would only be if it impacted this site, but it doesn’t.

I have no issue with people watching and discussing the leak, I have watched it myself. I can definitely understand the anger from many fans about the screening being a panel exclusive, when for so many it is impossible to make it to comic con. Nick should have put it online for a day or two especially when they were talking about all these exciting reveals and everyone thought it was the episode going up online and it wasn’t. It is just site policy that illegal ways to view episodes/comics or leaks are not allowed on the forums.

momo2009 Reply:

Well life isn’t fair and I bet nick want to keep the season premiere to be open with a high view rate. But yeah it his site. Do you Korra is every not going to be used by people first tarlok and now her uncle….. It still funny.

I think it is less about fairness and more about Nick not being open about what exactly was happening. We know from Book 1 that an online preview of the first episode has happened before, people would have been ok if Nick had made it clear that the episode was only going to be for those present, but that was only mentioned as they started the episode at the panel.
    Nick misread the fandom, they forgot how long we had waited for Korra and thought it would be ok to give a few people episode 1. Anyone in tune with the fandom would have said that was a bad idea at the time.

Well we do not know for sure she will be used by her Uncle, she could see through him the second she suspects something. Once she learns from it I won’t have too much problem with it being a bit similar. Plus Tarrlok never as such used her, he used situations to try and get Korra on his side, but he never manipulated her in the same way that Unalaq is seemingly trying to.

Keval Reply:

I helped people watch it because a lot of people were asking me to post it. I listened because the quality of the leak was so bad, that I knew it wouldn’t impact the show’s ratings in any way. I gave people to option to watch it, and it was completely their decision.

HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Reply:

You’re one awesome dude Keval! No comment on the leak episode on your site. Nice superb quality!

That is an important point, I don’t think ANYONE is going to skip the airing of K201 just because they have seen these leaks.
    I have watched both leaks and still do not feel that I have got the full episode experience yet.
    Plus there are arguably more people who have specifically avoided watching the leaks, as you say people just enjoy having the option now.

2. Tenzout Said: Comment by Tenzout on August 13, 2013 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

@airspeed I think you just called it, “history almost repeats itself.” With Unalok being spiritual and Tonraq being more physical, I agree this may mirror Wan’s conflict. Bryke has said Wan’s story was added organically so it makes perfect sense to me.

3. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on August 19, 2013 at 9:48 pm | Permalink

hmm…i checked earlier today and viacom has taken down all the leaks.