Avatar Online Podcast 13

Melon Lord
Listed as: Podcast

Avatar Online Podcast Episode 13 – July 28th 2012

Melon Lord

Morgan (Airspeed Prime) and Rich (O.G.Sokka) discuss all the latest Avatar news including a book 2 interview from Mike and Bryan and Korra merchandise on Nick.com. Callum (Badgermole1) then makes his appearance to help discuss 318 Sozin’s Comet Part 1 The Phoenix King and answer 3 listener Questions.

00:00:00 – Opening
00:00:48 – Introduction, New forum group and Moderator
00:03:30 – News, Korra merch on shop.Nick.com, Mike and Bryan book 2 interview and Admin/Jordash and Donna meet The Track Team
Petition link
00:30:52 – Intermission 1
00:32:04 – Discussion Topic on 318 Sozin’s Comet Part 1 The Phoenix King
01:21:03 – Next episode to discuss is chosen
01:23:00 – Listener Question from Brandy
01:30:13 – Listener Question from Leland
01:37:04 – Listener Question from Greg2B
01:44:15 – Outro, plus some extras

END

Download the MP3 hereΒ (Right Click -> Save As)

Or just click once to listen.

Podcast is just under 107 minutes long

Podcast RSS Feed – http://feeds.feedburner.com/avatarpodcast

Itunes – http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/avatar-last-airbender-podcast/id512736597
Just search β€œAvatar Online in podcasts” Please give us some positive feedback to help spread the show. A 5 Star Review would be tremendous.

If you have any listener Questions or suggestions ask them here

Or the email address
avataronlinepodcast@gmail.com

Avatar Online Podcast Episode 21.....Well some of it !
Avatar Online Podcast - Admin Talk
Korra Roundtable Podcast - K310 Long Live The Queen
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 176

1. Haikai Said: Comment by Haikai on July 28, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Permalink

I’ll listen as soon as i can tomorrow morning πŸ™‚

2. Luca Said: Comment by Luca on July 28, 2012 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

Hahahah!!!! I am not Toph i am Melonlord!!

3. Brandy Said: Comment by Brandy on July 28, 2012 at 11:35 pm | Permalink

Awesome podcast! I had to lol at the burp. I was seriously focusing and then this huge belch busted through my headphones and I was dying! Anyway, really good discussion points were said and some had me thinking a little bit because I had never thought of them like that before.

4. OG Sokka Said: Comment by OG Sokka on July 29, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Permalink

LOL ^^ my bad Brandy I thought my mic was on mute for realz. haha oh well I own my belch It was epic

5. Haikai Said: Comment by Haikai on July 29, 2012 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

One of your points reminded me that when i watched this episode aang was so annoying to me; the whole time i was like, Oh grow up and get ready to kill the firelord you dumb airbender!

No offence, but did you seriously consider Aang dumb for showing some humanity, he realised over everyone else in the group that killing Ozai would not solve the issue, especially for Aang as the last Airbender, the last person to continue on his peoples culture he had to stick to the Air Nomad beliefs.
    It shows some maturity from him in that he even thought about this conflict and realises the situation he is in. While at the same time showing that he is so young and does not know how to handle this situation.
    The point was more that he never thought about this issue until then as opposed to his conflict πŸ™‚

Haikai Reply:

No offence taken, just trying to start some conversation πŸ™‚

momo2009 Reply:

I believe it was because of his youth and inexperience that he didn’t decied to kill the FL. But his kindness and mercy is why we like him. And he solve the problem using no violence. One of the good thing about the atla finale was that it showed another solution to the problem, but the avatar state was alittle deus ex machina.

Not really, given that the Avatar State was established from episode 2 and used multiple times. As for him unlocking it again at that point, that was also foreshadowed before the finale in 301 when Katara mentions “The twisted up energy”.

So while not explained fully in the show what happened all the pieces are there for where it was set up.

I agree that it is the kindness and mercy that makes him such a likeable Avatar πŸ™‚

momo2009 Reply:

but really a rock hitting his exact place where the energy was twisted? :p kinda weak. So the fate of the world was saved by a rock? lucky but otherwise great.

To be fair they had to be fairly obvious to show what happened, hence the shots directly on the protuberance and Aang’s scar.
    If they wanted to not be so obvious, I would say they could have just had Aang smash into the wall and it untwist.

6. Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on July 30, 2012 at 1:07 am | Permalink

Nice podcast guys! I gave you guys a 5 star rating on itunes. πŸ˜‰

In regards to the case where you discussed whether Aang killed the buzzard-wasp or not. To me, it seems as though the buzzard-wasp was sliced in half and as it falls you can see its head fall off. O.o

Lauren Reply:

I wrote a good review and gave it a five star rating too! It deserves it πŸ˜€

Callum Fryars Reply:

It may seem like I was being a bit negative. But I genuinely believe Aang Killed the Buzzard-wasp!

Ricardo Reply:

For a moment there, I thought Aang killed a Pro-bending player, which made no sense. πŸ˜› Then remembered what we were talking about.

I was surprised when Airspeed said that he thinks Aang didn’t kill it, and I can see where he’s coming from too. It just never occurred to me that Aang would attempt to stun it after having already gotten Momo back. It seems more of a ‘revenge’ type attack.

Callum Fryars Reply:

Yea in his rage I couldn’t see him holding back! I stick to it! That thing died.

So far nothing has been killed by an Airbending attack, that is what I am basing it on.
    They are fairly big wasps so I doubt the blast killed it, injured perhaps.
    It was revenge yes, but that does not necessarily mean that it has to be a kill.

Callum Fryars Reply:

Well I wouldn’t say nothing has been killed by airbenders since their were dead Fire Nation Soldiers around the Southern Air Temple

Ricardo Reply:

Good point, although Airspeed Prime said nothing has been killed by an ‘airbending attack’. This may be true if Gyatso and the other airbenders had just used their fists rather than bending. πŸ˜›

Droc Plug Reply:

Lol Flying Fists perhaps.

I thought my comment implied seen happening in the show, given the context of what we are talking about.

Callum Fryars Reply:

Oh in the show you are correct. But I was just saying the airbending has the power to kill. So it is possible.

I agree, it definitely can kill.

I cannot quite remember exactly but we did see a move where someone was slicing things with Airbending, Air blade. And Aang implies with the wind sword that you can do that too.

7. Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on July 30, 2012 at 1:12 am | Permalink

I should have added this to my previous comment, but just remembered it:

It’s also nice how you guys just chatted casually. I found Callum’s confessions quite amusing. πŸ˜›
    Not sure if the recording was supposed to be stopped beforehand.

Callum: Your answers were pretty good, it’s always nice to see another point of view. πŸ™‚
    Although I didn’t understand space bending at first. I though you were referring to outer space and that you’d be able to move the planets or something, until Rich clarified it. πŸ˜›

8. Airspeed Prime Said: Comment by Airspeed Prime on July 30, 2012 at 1:19 am | Permalink

Yeah I usually leave the main recorder going a bit longer once we end the show, I thought that that little bit after the show was so good we had to keep it in.

Thanks for the rating πŸ™‚

9. Droc Plug Said: Comment by Droc Plug on July 30, 2012 at 10:26 pm | Permalink

Loved the podcast!!!!! Keep it up. Imagine they spent more time at some other spot and the Lion turtle showed up there. Like Northern water tribe or something, that’d be pretty funny.

10. Lauren Said: Comment by Lauren on July 31, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

Great podcast, I always love the discussions! I’m still working on that microphone situation by the way.

11. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on July 31, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

GOOD NEWS GUYS!
    My mom said yes!
    BAD NEWS GUYS
    she wants me to ask my dad with her too
    It is definatly a 99.999999% chance he will say no. Not that he is mean but he is very protective and does not trust the internet and stuff.
    BUT If my mom and I can talk him into it and my mom listens to one of the podcasts so she knows its ok, THEN IM IN πŸ™‚

Well if you are allowed to have a tumblr account, a site which has little to no moderation and is a bit OTT most of the time, I see no problem with the podcast which is run by the site moderators for this site. We don’t allow bad language on the podcast and stuff like that.
    I hope it works out. πŸ™‚

Kelly Reply:

yeah my mom and dad dont really SEE Tumblr, My moms only rule is no SELF cursing, like I censor myself but I reblog things that curse on them :/
    And thanks I hope it works out too!!

OG Sokka Reply:

Kelly, If your father needs some reassurance that we are level headed intelligent people that happen to have a passion for a heart warming family show that stresses good will and love and tolerance for a better tomorrow I would be glad to reassure him if need be. Myself, Morgan and Callum are exactly the productive friends I would be honored to have in my own daughters life especially when doing a radio show on the web is just another skill you can add to your resume.

Your friend,
    O.G. Sokka ( Richard Coakley, rccoakley@yahoo.com, 779-203-4163, ) if you or your dad have any questions

Kelly Reply:

Rich this is VERY nice of you THANKS! Thanks for the support all you guys! I feel a bit better and My Ill see of I have time to ask him tomorrow
    Also, DONT worry Im sure he will be fine with it because My Mom is mostly fine with it! Infact she said it may be a good experience for me. I have auditory Processing Disorder so Its a bit of a struggle to organize my thoughts and say and listen to things sometimes. Dont worry not a speech impediment just a brain thing, and speaking instead of typing may help with this. The only reason My mom wants my dads permission is because she isnt feeling well, due to the fact the she has been recently Diagnosed with Multiple sclerosis πŸ™ And she feels as though she cant make good decisions, but I believe she can, honestly, so it will all turn out Ok in the end!
    PS sorry for the unnecessarily long post

sydmun17 Reply:

Hey Kelly I hope your mom gets to feeling better. And I hope this whole Podcast thing works. I’m sure you will do great!

It will definitely be a good experience, I know for myself, I am not really the most social person and have never been great at talking to people, especially people I don’t know well. With this and doing my youtube channel I have definitely learned to be a bit more confident when speaking and become better at speaking.
    I think Jordan also mentioned when he was on that it was good practise for public speaking.

And good luck to your Mom, I hope she gets to feeling better soon πŸ™‚

Kelly Reply:

THANKS!! πŸ™‚

12. Callum Fryars Said: Comment by Callum Fryars on August 1, 2012 at 3:27 am | Permalink

WOW! I was totally not awake for this one! My answers was sooo bad!

So for Sunday, do the show prep, be awake and ready to go πŸ˜€

Have your points ready for the episode discussion.

You don’t need to do an insane amount of prep, just enough so that you always have something to say.

Callum Fryars Reply:

I will be awake this time. I got the alarm fixed!:) Just to be sure, what episode are we discussing on Sunday?:D

The Beach was chosen for us by Brandy

13. Greg2Bender Said: Comment by Greg2Bender on August 1, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Permalink

Another great podcast guys. Looking forward to the next one.

14. OG Sokka Said: Comment by OG Sokka on August 1, 2012 at 9:58 pm | Permalink

Callum don’t get to prepared, some of our best moments are your unprepared rants about Kyoshi, fish, and lion turtles following ppl around. lol
    And Morgan.. Leave the recorder on…ALWAYS! lol. From the start of our skype call to the end. Some of the funniest stuff is like the segway (ss) crap and G wiz stuff we all got into last week.
    Next podcast will rule…. I’ll bring extra pringles and ramen noodles for everyone.
    ps. remember my mute button is broken, so that can’t be good. hahaha

Callum Fryars Reply:

Oh, now I’m scared! 0.0

Kelly Reply:

wait… you guys see each other on skype? I didnt know that. You should know my mother doesnt allow that at all, She is fine with me speaking to you guys but she doesnt want seeing each other and stuff. This is gonna be a problem isnt it πŸ™

Ricardo Reply:

You could just use the voice call function without the web cam on Skype. πŸ˜€

Kelly Reply:

oh.. cool I just got a skype recently so i Dont know the details. Thanks for letting me know

I don’t think any of us know most of the functions on skype.

We call and use the chat function, that is about it, lol

We just keep it as easy as possible so it is very difficult for anything to go wrong.

No the calls are audio only, doing a video call would mess up the call quality a bit and the recording would not be great especially if anyone’s internet is a bit slow.

Kelly Reply:

Ok thanks for telling me!! πŸ˜€

Cosmobender Reply:

Nice podcast! I hope to come back on soon! I’ve got some announcements to make soon! πŸ˜€

Sure, we could probably have you on next week perhaps.