Avatar The Legend Of Korra possible name confirmation + new clips

Hello Avatar fans, we finally have some new Korra news and it is pretty big. Thanks to community member GenderBender (@genderbender) for finding this.

So with this Nick commercial for their upcoming 2012 shows, we have effectively a confirmation that the name of the show is

Avatar The Legend Of Korra

Avatar Legend Of Korra

Now with added THE!

In the actual Korra part of the clip, we get to see some cool new shots including Equalists, Republic City and some shots that are in fact animatics (Animated storyboards). Last but not least what we assume may be the voice of the series villain Amon, the Equalist leader.

Probably the most important thing from this video is that Nick have finally shown of the show on their channel, meaning that Korra is ever closer to it’s release. No longer does just the online fandom know about it, but anyone who watches Nick.
So what are your thoughts on the Korra clips and the Name ?

UPDATE/

It appears that this “commercial” is not actually a commercial at all. No one has actually seen it on TV, also from the leaker that leaked the Korra clips it appears that this is actually a brand advertising video never meant to be seen on tv or online.
So basically it means that this video was also leaked, that said it is still nearly confirmation that the shows name is Avatar The Legend Of Korra. We had it confirmed from other sources that Korra is going to definitely air in 2012.

It once again puts us in a situation again where we are completely reliant on leaks with Nick seemingly unwilling to talk about the show. Hopefully we will have more official news soon.

Every "The Last Airbender" Trailer in One Place
Community Opinion: Thoughts on ATLA and Korra Shipping
Book 2 Clip and Behind the Scenes
Book 3 USA Premiere June 27th, NEXT WEEK!!!

1. GenderBender Said: Comment by GenderBender on January 14, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

I’m super happy its A:TLK i know it’s just a name but TLA:TLK just doesn’t sound right at all to me

2. AvatarHannah Said: Comment by AvatarHannah on January 14, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

YESH!!!!!! CAN’T FREAKIN’ WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on January 14, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

YES! Its so cool that this is the 1st Korra commercial on television!

I Like it, but i am a bit confused why they use concept art for half of it. Even though it still looks cool you can tell thats not final art. I am so happy that it is Avatar instead of The last airbender it makes it easier for people to say and recognize.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah I wondered why they used concept art as well, especially since it seems they have a whole lot done already.

That is the big question, perhaps they are doing something similar to The Great Divide, where they used different art styles when someone was telling a story. Or In The Cave Of Two Lovers with the story of Oma and Shu.

I will get my coat πŸ™ ,lol

Johane Matte on her tumblr page just said that those are animatics

Kelly Reply:

what are animatics, and what do you mean by youll get ur coat

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah I was wondering what Animatics are as well. Maybe it’s a storyboard term.

Kelly Reply:

there we go

@Kelly
    Animatics are basically animated storyboards that they use to further assist the animators.
    What I meant by I will get my coat is that My first reply to this comment thread here was about it possibly being a different art style they may use in the show, then almost immediately after that I found the Johane matte post which made my first post completely wrong.
    So “I will get my coat” was me basically saying I will leave now to prevent further mistakes, lol

Kelly Reply:

oh ok that makes sense. I dont think anyone really noticed your mistake though dont be hard on urself lol.

4. Admin / Jordash Said: Comment by Admin / Jordash on January 14, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

Sweet to see an official commercial, and glad Avatar: The Legend of Korra is the name, looking pretty sweet.

5. Atry Said: Comment by Atry on January 14, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

Airspeed, you’ve said this previously:

“So basically if I have my facts correct, Nick cannot legally talk about the show as they technically do not have the copyright/trademark right now for either Avatar: Legend Of Korra or The Last Airbender Legend Of Korra.
    ALOK got a renewal for consideration recently and TLALOK has nearly ran out of time to renew it for consideration. So as of now, we sort of know that the show is Avatar: Legend Of Korra”

Now that we have a commercial that names the show as “Avatar”, does that mean the consideration was approved and Nick now has the legal rights?

Or is this commercial just using old material that they had the rights to during the time it was called “Avatar”, just to promote it in a way so people can see the connection?

I am assuming that they have the trademark for Avatar The Legend Of Korra now. I really don’t know that much about trademarks, but I would assume if it is in a commercial that they can legally use that name. Who knows though, since they did not use the title logo that we have seen.

Or maybe they got the trademark for “Nickelodeon’s Avatar The Legend Of Korra” and since it is a nick advert they can just drop the nick part.

I guess we will know tomorrow whether or not Nick has been sued, lol

Admin / Jordash Reply:

I think this commercial is recent, like yesterday or today recent.

6. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on January 14, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

Hey just noticed the cool amon pose at 1:00
    What does the symbol on his shirt in the poster mean?

Atry Reply:

I don’t know what the symbol means, but I think it’s interesting that the Equalist cause is using propaganda with that poster.

Does this mean they’re not an underground criminal organization, but more like a radical political movement?

I get the feeling that they are just rising from being an underground movement to being more of a big opposing power in the city.

E Reply:

it’s a chinese character for “same level” or “equality”

makes sense, seeing as they’re “equalists”

Atry Reply:

Yeah that totally makes sense.

Thanks for clearing it out for us πŸ™‚

Kelly Reply:

thanks for the answer it makes total sense!

E Reply:

no prob

google translate for the win

7. clintoshoto Said: Comment by clintoshoto on January 14, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

Can’t wait for the show! Even if it’s the concept art, the show looks great.

8. Mindbender Said: Comment by Mindbender on January 14, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

The confirmation of the name is something that, despite not being effective on the eventual quality of the show, does make me happy. And yes, why not use finished animation, even if it’s all recycled from what we saw in the Comic-Con trailer? Strange choice.

Kelly Reply:

agreed, but in the end i think were all just happy its finally on tv πŸ™‚
    I still wonder why use concept art though now im too curious…

9. Veronica Said: Comment by Veronica on January 14, 2012 at 5:10 pm | Permalink

Watch ALL the shows!!!

10. Tracy Said: Comment by Tracy on January 14, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

It’s about time that we have a name. πŸ™‚ Now, I hope we’ll get some more information!!!

11. Atry Said: Comment by Atry on January 14, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Permalink

Someone on You Tube posted this:

“Somewhere online there’s a copy of the legal documents that Viacom (Nick) pulled to get the name, as in, they had several petitions and bureaucratic shit going on just so theο»Ώ show would be called Avatar: The Legend of Korra, but they had to wait until these days before being legally allowed to use that name. They care for us!”

I’ve asked him/her where you can find this copy, still waiting for a reply.

Kelly Reply:

thats so cool, its a good thing theycare for us! (lets just hope this isnt keeping the show from coming uot earlier)

12. Nick Said: Comment by Nick on January 14, 2012 at 6:42 pm | Permalink

THANK GOD IT’S CALLED AVATAR. I’d hate another awesome show to be ruined, this time by giving it the name of that stupid movie. The Last Airbender stunk, AVATAR FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. bodybender Said: Comment by bodybender on January 14, 2012 at 8:11 pm | Permalink

MY BODY IS READY FOR KORRA.

Veronica Reply:

LOL!

14. jonathan Said: Comment by jonathan on January 14, 2012 at 8:12 pm | Permalink

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. TwoToTango Said: Comment by TwoToTango on January 14, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Permalink

I am so satisfied about the name change. I understood the confusion with James Cameron’s Avatar and all that nonsense, but considering she’s not the last Airbender, it made absolutely no sense to call the show The Last Airbender: the Legend of Korra. It has much better continuity, and let’s face it, class with this title. Looks awesome, the Chi Blockers look BA, and I’m psyched to see another Avatar ending up on the wrong side of the law. Makes it so much more fun that way.

16. avatar Said: Comment by avatar on January 14, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

YEAH!!! AVATAR:THE LEGEND OF KORRA is far more fitting than THE LAST AIRBENDER: THE LEGEND O KORRA… I mean it is notas if korra is the last airbender right…

17. Yashira Said: Comment by Yashira on January 14, 2012 at 9:28 pm | Permalink

genial! espero que llegue por aquΓ­ pronto!

18. Julla Said: Comment by Julla on January 14, 2012 at 11:49 pm | Permalink

I’m very excited about this news and will be back Monday to read everyone’s posts. Have a great weekend, everyone. πŸ™‚

19. Destiny of Awe Said: Comment by Destiny of Awe on January 15, 2012 at 12:16 am | Permalink

I’m so happy, I can’t put it into words.

20. Tera253 Said: Comment by Tera253 on January 15, 2012 at 2:40 am | Permalink

to have it be “The Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra” was stupid because (A) there was no longer a “Last Airbender” [given that there are at least 4 living airbenders known to the fandom], and (B), because any association with the abomination that is M’ Night Shamalamadingdong’s “The Last Airbender” needs to be destroyed. it never happened. Let us move on and act as if it never existed. *moment of silence*

Also, Eff Yoo, James Cameron.
    ~Tera253~

21. Veronica Said: Comment by Veronica on January 15, 2012 at 6:18 am | Permalink

Also. Not impressed with the blurriness of MY avatar right now.. Why is this happening..

Admin / Jordash Reply:

When I updated the site I made the profile images larger, so old profile images will be blurry, if you reupload your avatar with a profile image larger than 150×150 pixels it should look great.

Veronica Reply:

YAY!

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah looks awesome now!

22. GenderBender Said: Comment by GenderBender on January 15, 2012 at 6:19 am | Permalink

OMG korra commercial and more leaked images/video all on the same day : o

Hugh Reply:

where are the leaked images?

GenderBender Reply:

I’m not sure if i am allowed to say

No links to the leaks, Hugh, just look around teh internet, they are all over places like Tumblr, we would post them here but I assume Viacom is looking at the fansites first to take down links and stuff. We don’t want any trouble from Viacom.

But feel free to discuss them on the forums πŸ™‚

23. Jon Said: Comment by Jon on January 15, 2012 at 10:46 am | Permalink

Korra is so close, yet so far! Patients is really hard to keep when something so anticipated won’t air for another few months or so.

24. Hugh Said: Comment by Hugh on January 15, 2012 at 11:19 am | Permalink

where are there leaked images?

Hugh Reply:

Oops, I’ve already said that!

The comments are closed.