Avatar Free Comic Book Day 2015 Book revealed!

As Korra comes to an end we are entering an era of the fandom where we won’t have a new show, but we will still have comics coming out. We know about the next full series, Smoke and Shadow  starting September next year and now we have the reveal of the ATLA Free Comic Book Day 2015 book.

FCBD2015

Written By Gene Luen Yang and Art by new Avatar artist Carla Speed McNeil, we have a Toph and Ty Lee focused story. Just writing that down feels a bit unusual to me as it is a pretty unique combo, I am struggling to remember any time these two characters interacted at all in the series, I remember Toph arrived towards the end of Book 2 Earth to save King Kuei and used Earthbending to trap Ty Lee in a gymnastic position, but beyond that I don’t really remember them ever talking. While we have no details beyond the cover image, we know that these stories have the potential to set up future plots as 2013’s Rebound has done with the upcoming Smoke and Shadow series, I for one am excited to see how these two characters work together.

One question straight away is when is this book set, because Ty Lee is a Kyoshi Warrior now, but she is not in that gear here, what brings these two characters together?

Free Comic Book Day 2015 will  take place on May 2nd 2015, which is when you will be able to get this book for Free.

New The Last Airbender wallpapers
ATLA Episode Reviews - 218-220
The Search Part 1 Preview
The Rift Part 3 Review

1. ThePreciseClimber Said: Comment by ThePreciseClimber on December 17, 2014 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

Is this fanart or something? Oh, a new artist. The style is… um… interesting.

2. Appa Your Flying Bison Said: Comment by Appa Your Flying Bison on December 17, 2014 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

Never understood free comic book day lol

There is not a massive amount to understand.

You go to your local participating Comic shop on Free Comic Book Day, pick up for free the comics you want from the list of available free comics.

Buy other comics/stuff if you want and leave with your stuff. Nothing to difficult, except if your local store is popular go early to make sure you get the book you want.

3. 北方拓芙 Said: Comment by 北方拓芙 on December 17, 2014 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

*sighs* Never really liked the free comic books. I keep fearing I might miss one out due to their extreme limited-edition-ness, but I’ll try and contact my local comic book shop ahead of time so I can have one saved up for me.

Troy Reply:

Me as well even though for the last two years Ive gotten mine. My hope it’s they do a collection of the free ones like a second lost adventures.

北方拓芙 Reply:

That would be nice. Never really liked owning individual comics anyway, I’d much rather have TPBs.

4. stefan Said: Comment by stefan on December 17, 2014 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

I think Rebound took place during or after the events of
    The Promise. Shells took place after The Search since Suki and Sokka had time to spend. Ty Lee and Toph comic will take place before Smoke and Shadow and it looks like fun.

5. Joyful Said: Comment by Joyful on December 18, 2014 at 2:06 am | Permalink

Am lost on comic books. Have Not Read One Of Them.

You should definitely read them, they are great.

Your choice on where to start, The Lost Adventures fills in some gaps in the series, while starting with The Promise the new series cover stuff post ATLA.

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

The comics and Art of the Animated series books really give you alot more insight to the Avatar world.

6. Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on December 18, 2014 at 7:36 am | Permalink

isnt this the second year in a row where the free comic of the day was Avatar related? super sweet.

3rd year in a row and the 4th in 5 years.
    2011 was 2 stories from the Lost Adventures. None in 2012, Rebound in 2013, Shells for this year and now this book next year.

7. Joyful Said: Comment by Joyful on December 18, 2014 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

WHERE CAN I HAVE READ OR BUY THEM TO START?

You are going to have to buy them.

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

Some of the comics have been on Youtube, but the Art books, you will have to buy.

8. Joyful Said: Comment by Joyful on December 19, 2014 at 9:49 am | Permalink

9. Colonade Said: Comment by Colonade on February 21, 2015 at 10:29 pm | Permalink

more ty lee plsssss and some romance on her