Avatar Free Comic 2015 Preview Pages

Listed as: Avatar Comics

We recently heard that Avatar was getting another Free Comic for this year’s Free Comic Book Day on May 2nd. Now we have 3 preview pages.

FCBD2015-1

FCBD2015-2

FCBD2015-3

So we get our first look at our new artist Carla Speed McNeil and what this story is about.

My thoughts, The art seems pretty good, though I am not a fan of the shape of Toph’s face here. Her jaw seems way too wide. As for the story, I like that it is more Ty Lee focused than Toph focused, I think it is great that they are continuing a little plot for her, by introducing her sisters. I wonder what exactly the eventual aim of this story is, Ty Lee leaving the Kyoshi Warriors, rejoining the circus or something else. It seems weird that Ty Lee joins the Kyoshi Warriors and then the next real focus we get she wants to leave. With only a few more pages to see I really wonder where this is going.

Thoughts?

The Promise Part 3 First Look
The Promise to get Hardcover Collection in February!!! (Update 16th September)
Korra Comics news at New York Comic Con expected!
North and South Part 2 Preview Pages

1. Appa Your Flying Bison Said: Comment by Appa Your Flying Bison on February 4, 2015 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

tylee!

2. Nikita Said: Comment by Nikita on February 4, 2015 at 10:09 pm | Permalink

Drawing : needs some polishing.
    Plot : lets see where it goes 😀

3. Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on February 5, 2015 at 5:12 am | Permalink

their parents could come up with any other names besides Ty —– ? Thats so dumb lol like Ty Woo????

While not particularly original, it does play more into Ty Lee’s plot from ATLA where she always felt that she was just a part of a matched set, not just identical sisters, but they also had nearly identical names. All adds towards her quest to be more of an individual, which I assume will be played on more in this story.

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

I realized this after i wrote it, how Ty Lee said she didnt even have her own name.. and how true it was!

your right too, if this is more Ty Lee based, then it will be her blossoming into herself.

4. stefan Said: Comment by stefan on February 5, 2015 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

Ty Woo already is very different from her sisters while Ty Lee is a little different. Did Toph come with Aang after The Rift? In all of the previous comics she was in The Earth Kingdom.

5. Appa Your Flying Bison Said: Comment by Appa Your Flying Bison on February 6, 2015 at 11:54 am | Permalink

Tylee left the kyoshi warriors to make a warrior group with her sisters

6. Colonade Said: Comment by Colonade on February 22, 2015 at 12:01 am | Permalink

more ty lee plssss