Avatar Community Game Closed Beta Applications

sneakpeak
Listed as: Avatar Games

As some of you may know forum member and recurring Podcast co-host Cosmobender has been working on making an Avatar Game with the help of some other members of the community.

He has been updating us on the process via Tumblr,Β http://cosmobender.tumblr.com/

And in the games thread on the forum,Β http://avatarthelastairbenderonline.com/groups/avatar-games/forum/topic/avatar-the-last-airbender-online-community-game/

The team have reached the stage where they are now looking for bug and problems and have decided to open up applications for a closed beta of the game, obviously to get peoples thoughts on the game , but also to find any bugs and issues.

sneakpeak

Here is an image from the game.

The game, called “Year Of The Comet” is a turn based strategy game, The Ultimate Avatar What If generator. You play as one of the 4 nations and participate in battles that happened in the show, the difference is that the other side can win. So you can reverse the events of certain battles in ATLA which will affect future events in the game going forward. Each nation has a different playstyle associated with it.

So if you want to be a part of the closed beta you should go ahead and PM Cosmobender on the forum, his profile can be found here

You should answer these questions in your application

Forum name:
Are you willing to look everywhere for bugs?:
How long have you been a fan?:
By signing up, you acknowledge that you cannot share your build with ANYONE:

The only thing required to be involved is that you do actually help to point out bugs and issues in the game. Massive gameplay changes Β  Β and serious changes like that I don’t think are what this is about.

Remember this is a game made by Avatar Fans for Avatar Fans πŸ™‚

Again to get involved in the beta request access by PM’ing Cosmobender,Β http://avatarthelastairbenderonline.com/members/cosmobender93/

It will start on Monday, but you can still apply for a few days afterwards.

Avatar The Legend of Korra Games
New Korra Game on Nick.com - Republic City Run
First footage from the Korra Video Game
Pro Bending Arena Kickstarter reveals new character names and Expansion

1. Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on August 10, 2012 at 5:19 am | Permalink

Nice way to generate interest! Definitely looking forward to the beta testing. 😎

2. Drake Welsh Said: Comment by Drake Welsh on August 10, 2012 at 7:26 am | Permalink

It would be a blast to have a Avatar RTS or Civilization modification, definitely checking this one out!

3. FireSageGuntur Said: Comment by FireSageGuntur on August 10, 2012 at 7:41 am | Permalink

Man I wish I could be part of this, but my desktop computer is soooooo old, it can hardly handle a youtube video, so this is definitely out of the question. πŸ™ Really cool idea though!

4. Alison Said: Comment by Alison on August 10, 2012 at 7:45 am | Permalink

Sounds like a pretty cool game to me… it might actually be a challenge.

5. Steve Said: Comment by Steve on August 10, 2012 at 9:22 am | Permalink

This is definitely worth looking at!

6. Avelda Said: Comment by Avelda on August 10, 2012 at 9:47 am | Permalink

This sounds kind of like Avatar Bobble Battles. Bobble Battles is official and really fun, so I hope this game has the same outcome!

7. Cosmobender Said: Comment by Cosmobender on August 10, 2012 at 9:54 am | Permalink

For those looking to apply:

Forum name:
    Are you willing to look everywhere for bugs?:
    How long have you been a fan?:
    By signing up, you acknowledge that you cannot share your build with ANYONE:

I look forward to reviewing apps! πŸ˜€

(FYI, moderators and admins already gain access, so no need to apply, just ask for your build when the testing starts. These include, Airspeed, Jordash, Arthan, TechMonk, O.G. Sokka, Kelly,Tracy, Wolf Bat, Coyote01, Ricardo, Steve, and Donna)

I will add that to the post.

AgentNebraska Reply:

What about me? I haven’t seen the newest build yet as I am on vacation.

Cosmobender Reply:

I FINALLY got the combat (50/50 chance) code to work properly, armies properly engage and potentially takeover regions. (Though there is no AI, so enemy army movement is dumb as bricks)

Honestly though, I just want to get this playable for the beta, so you’re not missing much.

8. AvatarOlivia Said: Comment by AvatarOlivia on August 10, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

What is this game supposed to be about?

Cosmobender Reply:

It’s a what if grand strategy game about the 100 year war in the avatar universe. You play as one of the 4 nations and try to achieve victory. Or if you’re feeling ambitious, take the war in directions that would completely change everything!

AvatarOlivia Reply:

Oh. Sounds cool. πŸ™‚

9. Bluedog270 Said: Comment by Bluedog270 on August 10, 2012 at 6:00 pm | Permalink

this seems awesome

10. Haikai Said: Comment by Haikai on August 10, 2012 at 7:36 pm | Permalink

I honestly would help test it but since school and football are back on full time now, i have no time πŸ™

11. Luca Said: Comment by Luca on August 11, 2012 at 3:20 am | Permalink

This seems pretty cool might try it………

12. Lauren Said: Comment by Lauren on August 11, 2012 at 7:37 am | Permalink

Wow this sounds amazing! I would definitely be a beta tester, but I’m about to start college full time again on Monday so my time is going to be eaten up.

13. Donna Said: Comment by Donna on August 11, 2012 at 11:35 pm | Permalink

Hey Cosmobender, well done and hope that as it continues to be tested you get some great reveiws too πŸ™‚ I’m on a iMac platform will this work on that? or is it pc only?

Tea Bender Iroh Reply:

Im hoping it will be a multi-platform language

Cosmobender Reply:

Sorry, it’s a PC only game. If I had GM for the Mac, I’d be more inclined to port it over. πŸ™

Tea Bender Iroh Reply:

Doesn’t matte, I’m using a PC πŸ˜€

14. Cosmobender Said: Comment by Cosmobender on August 12, 2012 at 11:55 am | Permalink

And………THE BETA IS NOW OUT! Everyone who qualified for the closed beta will now receive links to their copies. Good luck! And squash those bugs! πŸ˜€

Everyone else, the open beta is coming, don’t worry! πŸ™‚

Ricardo Reply:

I’ll eat them then report their taste back to you. πŸ˜‰

15. Rrockz Said: Comment by Rrockz on August 12, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Permalink

Looks cool

16. Cosmobender Said: Comment by Cosmobender on August 12, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

If you are betatesting, you can watch this youtube vid on how to get started on beta testing (as soon as it processes)

Ricardo Reply:

It was uploaded a few hours ago but wasn’t viewable as it said it was currently being processed, but it’s still not available at the moment. O.o

Ricardo Reply:

Gah, didn’t finish.

On average, how long does it take to process?
    Just so I’ll know when to check back.

Tea Bender Iroh Reply:

Still hasn’t processed, I would re-upload it.

Cosmobender Reply:

It’s nearly done, Youtube is being ungodly slow today.

Ricardo Reply:

Ah, the video works now. πŸ™‚

17. Cosmobender Said: Comment by Cosmobender on August 12, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

I have updated the Team Avatar app, betatesters will need to redownload.

Things added:

-News now automatically updates
    -Fixes to issues that were potentially crash potential

18. Tea Bender Iroh Said: Comment by Tea Bender Iroh on August 12, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

Whenever I try to log in, it stops responding, the game that is.

Cosmobender Reply:

Well, from your PM, I think that got resolved! πŸ˜€

Tea Bender Iroh Reply:

Nice πŸ˜€ Also, as I think I have said, I’ve had game download problems, so has @airspeed

Cosmobender Reply:

Hmm, well, the game should download to the same directory as the Team Avatar program, did you run the program after downloading without saving it to an easy to find directory?

19. Cosmobender Said: Comment by Cosmobender on August 12, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

Ok, anyone having issues with downloading via Team Avatar, try the following steps before asking me.

1. Try right-clicking and running as administrator
    2. Do you have a firewall running?
    3. Is the directory you placed the program in read-only?
    4. Have you allowed sufficient amount of time for the app to download?
    5. Try redownloading Team Avatar, I might have fixed it already.
    6. If nothing else works, then ask me, and I’ll do my best to help! πŸ™‚

20. Avatar Elise Adele Said: Comment by Avatar Elise Adele on August 15, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

So…
    I can’t tell my mom? XD
    Only kidding.
    But seriously-I can’t even tell my MOM?

Ricardo Reply:

Why do you say that? I’m sure you can. πŸ™‚