Next Avatar Comic Series announced “The Search” – Search for Ursa

Yes that title is indeed correct, Zuko’s mother is finally going to be answered. Via a comic as most of us expected.

The SEARCH

I assume this is the cover without the titles on it.

Now bullet points of info from the interview.

• There will be some “supernatural” IE spiritual events here
  • Some of the political situation from The Promise will continue here
  • The Search focuses mainly on Zuko and Azula, Aang and co will be present, but the royal siblings drive the story.
  • Zuko will continue to adapt to his role as Fire Lord
  • The Search takes place immediately after The Promise ends
  • Gene Yang and Team Gurihiru remain as the creative team
  • We will see how Azula’s stay in the mental institution has affected her
  • Katara and Aang’s relationship will develop more, but will be a very minor aspect of the story
  • Toph also only plays a minor role

Avatar The Last Airbender Forum and Community Launched!
Endgame Competition Winner
Korra comic due out Fall 2016
News RoundUp

1. Nomad Nate Said: Comment by Nomad Nate on June 27, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

This should be yet another compelling story to add to the comic collection! Although the story will be told in the book, I hope there will be some reference to it in the next season of Korra.

Jacob Reply:

How do you get the comics

Julla Reply:

Depending on where in the world you live, you might find them at any major comic book store. Personally, I purchase mine from Amazon.com.

Meelo Reply:

Thanks

avatarclara Reply:

me too! That’s how I got my Promise part 1 and 2, and my art of the animated series books 🙂

FireSageGuntur Reply:

I got all my books from Amazon as well. My favorite is the Art of the Animated Series though. It’s so full of information and is very beautiful to look at. It’s the best “Art Of” book that I have encountered so far.

Nomad Nate Reply:

Yep, Amazon has them all. The ones that have been released that is..

2. Team Avatar Said: Comment by Team Avatar on June 27, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

Well I’m super excited!

3. FireSageGuntur Said: Comment by FireSageGuntur on June 27, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

I cannot wait for this series! This is possibly the most anticipated moment in Avatar history! I’m sure the creators won’t disappoint!

4. Airspeed Prime Said: Comment by Airspeed Prime on June 27, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

Any thoughts on Azula’s Lightning bending, using both hands and see looks to be holding it as a ball.
    New ability or just artistic licence ?

Nomad Nate Reply:

I’m assuming she has advanced her abilities in lightning bending and can do whatever she appears to be doing with the orbs of lightning on the cover. But there is the possibility that we may be over-analyzing it and its just artistic license at play

FireSageGuntur Reply:

I think that is on the cover just to beautify it. If so, It worked! This cover looks amazing. It looks almost as if she is “charging” the lightning or something. However, it is completely possible that it is a new technique that she has developed. We know from ATLA that Azula is an extremely talented bender and could easily catch onto a new skill like that.

Nomad Nate Reply:

Maybe she turned her life around after being in the mental institution, found a better source for her fire bending (the Dragon Masters) like Zuko did, and from that she may have developed a new technique or she is just more powerful from having been enlightened by the Masters. It’s a far fetched theory because we don’t know what the Masters would think of her ancestry and recent history. But it IS a great cover no matter what it could be!

FireSageGuntur Reply:

I doubt she is reformed based on both the cover (she looks like a villian, stalking the hero in the background) and the fact that she had a literal total mental breakdown at the end of ATLA. However, she obviously missed Ursa just as much as Zuko did as well because she was extremely sad and depressed when she had the vision of her in the mirror in the finale. That was a powerful scene, and I think she might be a tiny, tiny, tiny bit remorseful. I don’t think so, but who knows? We all know the creators can put crazy plot twists where we least expect them.

Nomad Nate Reply:

Good observation and another good point! None of us will really know until we read it.

But about the mental breakdown…I personally think it actually laid the foundation for her to “rebuild” herself as a better person. As if the breakdown sort of released the bottled up anger and evil. This would be a pretty complex character development and would require there being a dual plot (The Search & The Reformation). Maybe a whole different series! Who knows? None of us do.

Meelo Reply:

Anyone else reckon shes just gone eve more nuts and her firebending is reflecting her crazyness? :/

10oop Reply:

Like Yukone, i think she just has a certain and amazing gift.

avatarclara Reply:

I think it would be really funny if Azula acted like she was on cactus juice, but i know that’s not going to happen 😀 I can’t wait for this!!!

Kelly Reply:

personally I think thats her just getting ready to strike. She probably practiced and gotten better at holding the lighting, Although it is strange that they are in spheres, Its kinda cool.
    When it comes to that I have no clue why its like that

Meelo Reply:

I hope she is still slightly mentally unhinged. She was even more of a villain in her last scene with Katara and Zuko.

5. BadJokeAmon Said: Comment by BadJokeAmon on June 27, 2012 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

Yay! I waited since 2008 to find out what happened. I can’t wait to buy this.

economybender Reply:

Yeah, I waited it since I was stil a Junior High school Student. Then, WOW, I don’t realize that Now, I will find out those cliffhangers answer when I am a university student NOW.

WOW WHAT SUCH AN EPIC THING WITH MY REAL LIFE STORY AND THE AVATAR STORY HOOOO HOOOO………..

DO YOU EVER FEEL THIS IS EPIC AND IT HAS BIG INFLUENCE FOR YOUR REAL LIFE GUYS ???????

avatarclara Reply:

well duh. IT’S ALL I THINK OF. everyday. anywhere. particularly in math.

Meelo Reply:

Join me and the rest of the Avatar fans who’s been dedicated to watching it since it first aired….

6. Admin / Jordash Said: Comment by Admin / Jordash on June 27, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

Yeah I think Azula is one of the most interesting characters I’m looking forward to see in this.

FireSageGuntur Reply:

I agree. Azula was such a dynamic villain in the series. I’m really excited to see where her story goes. Does she reform, or does she continue her evil ways, or a combination of both? And one major question: how did she escape from the institution/prison?

FireSageGuntur Reply:

Yes!!! I’m finally a bender!!! Another huge thanks to the admins and moderators for handling that cyber attack so well and giving us the best fan site out there, and to my fellow fans as well. Keep it up guys!!!

avatarclara Reply:

Congrats 🙂 welcome to the club

FireSageGuntur Reply:

Thanks! 🙂

AvatarKorra1997 Reply:

yea i agree i wonder if she will continue to be evil and crazy and you know another thing im wondering is if she sees ty lee or mai and flips out? really leaves you wanting to read it

7. AvatarKorra1997 Said: Comment by AvatarKorra1997 on June 27, 2012 at 8:19 pm | Permalink

Oh cant wait ive been looking forward to The Promise part 3 and now after that comes out i have more stuff to look forward to too! And i cant forget about looking foward to Legend of Korra Book 2 too. Honestly i dont know which im hoping for more!

8. TeaBender Said: Comment by TeaBender on June 27, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Permalink

Yay I can’t wait to see Azula again! I think that if she were to be placed in a loving, caring environment (quite the opposite of what she grew up in), she may be able to recover and even re-emerge as a more humble Azula. I feel that Ursa may play a part in this too. If Ursa is found, perhaps she can help the most in helping Azula recover. The girl did seem like she missed her mom just as much as Zuko. I just want to see her redeemed because I thought she was such an interesting and awesome character, and like her brother, she too should get a chance to change her ways.

9. Wang Fire Said: Comment by Wang Fire on June 27, 2012 at 11:17 pm | Permalink

Finally.. more good news! They need to keep it going on and on and on!!
    EPIC STORY!

10. avatarclara Said: Comment by avatarclara on June 28, 2012 at 4:33 am | Permalink

Azula is back! Woohoo!! can’t wait

11. Chrisxtaph Said: Comment by Chrisxtaph on June 28, 2012 at 6:21 am | Permalink

where can I download the episodes of AVATAR: LEGEND OF KORRA???
    please tell me if you know anything!!! please!!!!

12. Coolfireazula Said: Comment by Coolfireazula on June 28, 2012 at 8:55 am | Permalink

I can’t wait!!

13. Julla Said: Comment by Julla on June 28, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Permalink

Is there an estimated publication date available?

Nothing has been said yet, But I would estimate that there will be the same gap between The Promise Part 3 and The Search Part 1 as the parts of the promise.
    So My Guess is Late January, continuing the 1 every 4 months pattern we have.

Julla Reply:

Ok, thanks.

Meelo Reply:

Thats actually not too bad a wait….

14. economybender Said: Comment by economybender on June 28, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

hmm, I think it is still so far. But with our buzy activities, we can forget the long time for waiting.

btw, where is TLOK making of legend article ?

Just click the “See All Avatar news” button under the recent news posts and you can see the archive of news posts

economybender Reply:

okay, thank you

btw, I need some advice from you, I will PM you

15. fairladyz2005 Said: Comment by fairladyz2005 on June 28, 2012 at 9:37 pm | Permalink

It’s good to see some positivity about this (and about Korra’s finale). I’ve been feeling a little down lately taking with some fans who haven’t been enjoying the new stuff as much as I have. And while I have a few reservations about Yang being about to pull off the story, I’m so glad Zuko will finally find his mom.

I definitely agree here, some of the fandom just love to complain, they seem to forget about the good parts and just focus on the negative.

The finale is not perfect, but it is still a brilliant finale.

But the reaction to this book has been shocking IMO, the whole fandom has been asking this question and you hear things like
    “Yeah, I will read it whenever”
    The lack of excitement for them just because they are comics is pretty insane.
    The hate towards the comics is something that really annoys me about some parts of the fandom.

I am just as excited for The Promise Part 3 and The Search as I am for Book 2 of Korra.

Meelo Reply:

I agree!! Why are people not excited about the comics?! I treat them just like an episode! And what up with people not buying the comics!? There totally cheap, and can be bought all over the world from amazon! There is no excuse! SUPPORT THE AVATAR TEAM! 😀

avatarclara Reply:

i would have thought that they would become even more excited because of the comics 🙁

TeaBender Reply:

I completely agree with you both Airspeed and fairladyz2005. When I found out that “The Search” would be coming out, I got really excited and told some of my friends about it and well…..their negativity towards the comics made me feel bad for sharing the information with them and left me a bit down for a while. Yes, I know the comics haven’t been perfect, but I’m still excited for The Promise Part 3 and The Search because they continue the ATLA story and they answer a question we’ve all wanted to know for so long! It makes me happy to see so many enthusiastic responses on this page! 🙂

16. sydmun17 Said: Comment by sydmun17 on June 29, 2012 at 12:23 am | Permalink

Is there a release date? It’s probably after the The Promise series ends I would imagine

Nomad Nate Reply: