Alyson Stoner to voice new character called Opal in Korra.

Alyson Stoner

This is a few weeks old, but somehow everyone missed it until Kelly messaged me earlier on.

Alyson Stoner

Some voice actor news for Korra. Alyson Stoner, best known for voicing Isabella in Phineas and Pherb or some of her on screen work will voice a character named Opal in Korra. Now it is not confirmed for sure if it is for Book 2, but the source, her own website does mention 2013 and more than likely Book 2 will be all the Korra we get in 2013. That said it could mean that she is just recording her lines in 2013 which would mean Book 3 or 4.

Here is the exact quote from her site,

Voicing “Opal” in Nickelodeon’s The Legend of Korra

It is under her projects for 2013 along with some other stuff. So it is again difficult to tell if this means that she will be recording this year or if she will be heard in the show this year.

As far as who Opal may be, if it is a book 2 character then most likely it will be Desna’s twin sister, AKA Korra’s cousin, AKA Unalaq’s daughter. This is just complete speculation.

1. Avatar of Sapphire Moon
    Sapphire Moon Said: Comment by Sapphire Moon on January 25, 2013 at 9:06 am | Permalink

That’s interesting. She could be either voicing Desna’s twin sister or the Bolin’s supposed love interest.

Troy Reply:

I agree with both of those. I think she will voice Unalaqs daughter, which we can now speculate will be called Opal. I somewhat doubt this because I thought the twins would have rhyming or similar names, like Lo and Li. Maybe though Opalin is now a ship, but I think she is the female twin.

Sapphire Moon Reply:

Yeah Desna is the male twin. I don’t how Opalin got started since we don’t really the twins ages. They look to be around 13-14.

Troy Reply:

I meant that Opal is not one of the twins and is older.

2. Avatar of Sapphire Moon
    Sapphire Moon Said: Comment by Sapphire Moon on January 25, 2013 at 9:24 am | Permalink

Oh sorry I misunderstood. Opalin is totally plausible

Troy Reply:

Who knows, It could be neither and we got into a careful rut of assumption. I think it is one of them know because I doubt we will be overloaded with new characters. Kya, Unalaq, Tonraq and Senna first personality roles, two twins, love interest (if new character), the dark spirit, Varick and with this new character Opal it might overload casual viewers with new characters.

HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Reply:

Who is Opal?

Did you read the article above or even the title of the article ? lol
    New character voiced by Alyson Stoner.

HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Reply:

Yes I know Opal is a new character from LOK voiced by Alyson Stoner, but like who is Opal in LOK? Well I guess since she’s an unknown character until season 2, 3 or 4.

We do not know, if she is in Book 2 she could be Desna’s sister.
    If she is not her then we have absolutely nothing to base any speculation on. Desna’s sister is the only female character we know will be in the show, but with no VA accounted for.

That said April Stewart who is confirmed to be working on Book 2 may be doing her voice.

With Korra production news recently most likely it is Book 3 or 4 stuff.

Sapphire Moon Reply:

True. She could be for either season two or three. I think maybe three. Does anybody remember those pictures posted on tumblr about possible new characters for Korra? I forgot who the artist was but their sketch of a female there.

3. Avatar of AvatarTravis
    AvatarTravis Said: Comment by AvatarTravis on January 25, 2013 at 10:43 am | Permalink

She is pretty hot if i gotta say so myself

Troy Reply:

Her eyes creep me out, I think they are looking at me.

~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Reply:

XD

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

@trojanpeople her eyes look fine to me

AvatarTravis Reply:

But SHE’S HOT!

Troy Reply:

Maybe I did over react about the eyes.

Avatar of

momo2009 Reply:

well they are looking at you :) and yeah she hot. But i hope her voice acting is great :)

4. Avatar of Jon
    Jon Said: Comment by Jon on January 25, 2013 at 1:12 pm | Permalink

If this is true, I like it. Alyson Stoner stared on The Suite Life of Zack and Cody for only a few seasons.

5. Avatar of 10oop
    10oop Said: Comment by 10oop on January 25, 2013 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

I’M SCARED.

KoolKorra Reply:

why?

10oop Reply:

her.. eyes.. they pierce into my soul.

6. Avatar of Avelda
    Avelda Said: Comment by Avelda on January 25, 2013 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

I don’t know how I feel about this. I don’t really like when actors I know of so well play voices, especially in things I love like Korra. The only reason I say this is because if I can recognize who the actor is, all I can focus on is their voice and I won’t get to just watch the character. However, I did know Lin’s actress and I wasn’t that focused on her voice. I was able to judge the character instead of sitting their and Only hearing the actress. So, I guess we’ll see.
    Plus, it depends on what voice she uses. I hope she doesn’t use the squeaky Isabella voice, that wouldn’t fit for any character in Korra.

7. Avatar of KoolKorra
    KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on January 25, 2013 at 5:32 pm | Permalink

hmm, I think Opal will be for book 3. It doesn’t sound like a water tribe name which usually has a k.

Hama, Desna, Tonraq, Unalaq, Hahn, Yue, Ummi and Senna to name a few break that trend.
    So Opal could be , but again just speculation :)

Troy Reply:

Wow, I said the opposite when I looked at it. Could be a Northern Water Tribe name to me, blue, looks like opaque. It also sounds spiritual, like eye pupil.

KoolKorra Reply:

now that i think of it, you guys are right. Trojan, with what you said about it sounding spiritual, makes me think opal is likely Densa’s sister.

Troy Reply:

Any-time, I’ll be right. :)

8. Avatar of AvatarTravis
    AvatarTravis Said: Comment by AvatarTravis on January 25, 2013 at 9:15 pm | Permalink

true true

9. Avatar of Korra Watermaster
    Korra Watermaster Said: Comment by Korra Watermaster on January 25, 2013 at 11:44 pm | Permalink

i love alyson stoner from phineas and ferb and on camp rock

10. Avatar of Rance100
    Rance100 Said: Comment by Rance100 on January 26, 2013 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

It’s good to see we get more news about LOK. We havn’t had that much. I wonder if we will be getting more info soon on voice actors, release dates, Etc.

Troy Reply:

Bryan on tumblr has been vary active also the track team posted something on Facebook for the first time I can remember yesterday. They could be gearing up for something big or just being active before the fandom becomes a problemdom.

11. kisame Said: Comment by kisame on January 26, 2013 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

amazing!!!!!

12. Avatar of Callum Fryars
    Callum Fryars Said: Comment by Callum Fryars on January 26, 2013 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

I’ve never seen Phineas and Pherb but I hope she does a good job with Korra. Looking forward to seeing who this Opal character is.

13. Avatar of Droc Plug
    Droc Plug Said: Comment by Droc Plug on January 26, 2013 at 7:07 pm | Permalink

Finally some news!!!!!

14. Avatar of sydmun17
    sydmun17 Said: Comment by sydmun17 on January 27, 2013 at 2:55 am | Permalink

Awesome. Alyson Stoner is great.

15. Avatar of EarthkingNoah
    EarthkingNoah Said: Comment by EarthkingNoah on February 4, 2013 at 7:40 pm | Permalink

I think she will be Sokka’s daughter because we have seen zukos Katara’s and tophs.

16. Avatar of Mage
    Mage Said: Comment by Mage on February 9, 2013 at 3:03 pm | Permalink

Cool!

17. Avatar of Mage
    Mage Said: Comment by Mage on February 9, 2013 at 3:03 pm | Permalink

I hope this is true!

18. Avatar of Zuko
    Zuko Said: Comment by Zuko on February 16, 2013 at 6:12 pm | Permalink

Yeah, these new characters look promising