First 3 Recordings of Avatar The Legend of Korra Completed, Interview with Andrea Romano (Voice Director)

It looks like progress for Avatar The Legend of Korra is well underway, in an interview with Andrea Romano (The Voice and Casting director for Korra, and the original avatar the last airbender series) when asked by ToonZone.net if she had started work on Avatar The Legend of Korra Andrea said “I already am. I’ve recorded three episodes. It’s seventy five years in the future.”

See the full interview below:

Andrea Romano Avatar The Legend of Korra

Andrea Romano Released some New Information About Avatar The Legend of Korra to Toonzone.net in a roundtable discussion

TZN: Will you be working on the new Avatar the Last Airbender series?

ANDREA ROMANO: I already am. I’ve recorded three episodes. It’s seventy five years in the future.

TZN: Will Aang in any way be in the series?

ANDREA ROMANO: I don’t know how much of the series I’m allowed to tell you, but that whole generation has died. It’s the next generation. So it’s really cool. It’s the same producers. It’s the same brilliant attention to detail and I’m very excited. Right now we are just making twelve of them and we’ll see what happens.

Sources:

Toonzone.net Interviews Andrea Romano – Look at very, very bottom of article

Hey everyone, I'm the Administrator / Programmer of the site. I love anything that's awesome, and am looking for new hobbies. Let me know if you have any ideas :)

A Look at some of the Best Airbender Fan Artists on the Web
Phone Interview with M Night Shyamalan
The Legend Of Korra Revolution Preview on Amazon.com
The Legend Of Korra Book 3 Change Awards - Voting Closed

1. Althea Said: Comment by Althea on August 2, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Permalink

i cannot wait until this comes out!

2. airbending slice!!! Said: Comment by airbending slice!!! on August 2, 2010 at 8:30 pm | Permalink

πŸ™ its sad that everyones gone now… well Aang isnt technically lol.
    but im still pretty excited πŸ˜€

3. The Cabbage Merchant Said: Comment by The Cabbage Merchant on August 2, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Permalink

I can tell you one thing about this news. If Andrea Romano is in on the VAing again, it’s going to be up to par with the old series. At least. Andrea has been directing for voice actors for longer than some of us have been alive and I can’t think of anything she has done that doesn’t have a following. Batman TAS comes to mind. She has this brilliant mind when it comes to finding vocal talent and I now look forward to LoK more than ever.

Awesome news, Jordan. Fans rejoice!

4. Dóri Said: Comment by Dóri on August 3, 2010 at 1:54 am | Permalink

Sounds interesting. I’m looking forward to hear Korra’s voice!
    “that whole generation has died” -> so this includes Toph, too… πŸ™ But maybe there’ll be flashbacks or something (ok, i dont think so). Though they’re only cartoon characters i’m sad that they arent alive.

Althea Reply:

toph was my favorite character. i hope they have flash backs too.:(

peggy Reply:

cnt belive there all dead i also hope there are flashbacks mai was my frave character

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah there should be flashbacks. Mai was a cool character.

5. Siani Said: Comment by Siani on August 3, 2010 at 6:21 am | Permalink

They’re moving right along quicker than I thought. Which is a great thing ^__^

The other day I was reading some fan theories and a lot of people were looking forward to see at least one person of the ol’ gang still alive… >__>;;

6. Shah Said: Comment by Shah on August 3, 2010 at 11:31 am | Permalink

that’s too bad the whole generation died. hopefully there will be some legacy’s

7. Tiff Said: Comment by Tiff on August 4, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

Wish she and the other producers got their two cents in on the movie. Stupid Paramount. That movie was an atrocity to this wonderful series. I can’t wait for the Legend of Korra!

OJ Reply:

hopefully they don’t make a movie out of the Legend of Korra lol

mariah Reply:

oh yeah i see what you mean they completley killed the series by making a movie that didnt make that connection.it just made me furious to see how ignorant they were of fans love for the series and butchered what should have been a great movie.

8. Keri Said: Comment by Keri on August 5, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

Wow they’re moving quickly! Considering what she said about doing 12 eps and we’ll see where it goes, perhaps there WILL be a promise of more than just a mini-series. ^___^

9. momo Said: Comment by momo on August 8, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Permalink

im sad that they are all gone… i dont think it will ever be the same. it HAS TO BE GOOD! or i will bw really dissapointed…

siva Reply:

i was also dissopinted about the new series without the old team of aang and others its very sad they end it like this they end it like this

10. ChilloX Said: Comment by ChilloX on August 12, 2010 at 7:31 am | Permalink

But, if Aang’s tale is over, what about the unanswered mystery about Zuko’s mom?

11. Joane Said: Comment by Joane on August 13, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

well, im very dissapointed that the entire generation has died. I want to seee what Aang and Katara’s relationship is like, I want Zuko to finds him mom, I wanna see how Zuko rule the Fire nation, I WANNA SEE IF AZULA GETS ANY CRAZIER…… and whole lot of other things too. I’d sure like to see my conception of the next series on tv, but oh well. THEY BETTER MAKE AANG SHOW UP AGAIN LIKE AVATAR ROKU DID OR IMMA KNOCK SOMEONE OUT!!!

Hayley Reply:

Completly agree after having just watched all episodes there is sooo much more i want to see!! really wish they would produce a series after to find all that out. lets hope in the legend of korra those questions get answered some how and we get to see the old gang in flash backs or something at least… esp Aang and Katara’s relationship.. was only just getting started really at the end!!

siva Reply:

me to i dont understand why they create a new series without aang & other team
    i will exited if they created the new series with the old team but now im dissopoined and its sad

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Give the new series a chance. Korra should be pretty awesome.

12. Avatard Said: Comment by Avatard on August 13, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

I really hope at least SOMEBODY comes back. Maybe we’ll see Aang in the spirit world? I’m insanely excited for th new series, but I feel away from home with none of ”Team Avatar” being alongside with the new characters.
    But I’m sure I’ll love it.

13. j Said: Comment by j on August 16, 2010 at 12:06 am | Permalink

wow this si gonna be awesome and yea we prob will see aang in the spirit world but i hope thye make him look older andrea is my moms boss shes awesome

14. Toraof theSouthernWaterTribe Said: Comment by Toraof theSouthernWaterTribe on August 19, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Permalink

Awwwwwww…. They all have died πŸ™ That’s sad… I wonder if Zuko and Mai and Sokka and Suki had any kids? And if so they are in the series? Hmm…. So excited though! Can’t wait to hear more! πŸ˜€

15. OJ Said: Comment by OJ on August 21, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

i am looking foward to seeing how everything settled but she said their will be a linking episode and that should hopefully answer all these questions πŸ˜€ can’t wait

16. OJ Said: Comment by OJ on August 21, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

i am looking foward to seeing how everything settled but she said their will be a linking episode (or i read that somewhere i think) and that should hopefully answer all these questions πŸ˜€ can’t wait

17. sydney lee duncan Said: Comment by sydney lee duncan on August 26, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Permalink

im tired of all these shows about rebellious teenage girls. I liked last air bender because itt was centered around a peaceful, fun loving, still learning about how life works 12 year old KID. toph and socka’s kids better be in this too or ill probably start crying… again… i hope im wrong about this show, i really do. ****possible spoiler alert: atleast we get to see ang when he talks to the new a ‘spirit style!!’ plus seeing him and katara’s kid’ll be kinda cool too.

18. Aljumadil Said: Comment by Aljumadil on August 27, 2010 at 10:32 pm | Permalink

I wanna be comment
    but, i can’t speak english
    so.. Make indonesia languange.
    “Saya tidak sabar menunggu.. By the way.. Film ini kapan ditayangkan ke indonesia??

Nio Reply:

Lol, an indonesians here… (aku juga ^_^),
    btw your english sucks, better to improved yourself first before you speak,
    cause the shame on you ^_^

yups i’m really looking forward to the new avatar series (hahah canda aja bro, jangan terlalu dianggap)

19. amanda Said: Comment by amanda on September 19, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

well you see the ”where is zukos mom” thing at the very end was only a teaser for fans so will be luckt to see flazh backs about it i really wihs we learnded that there were more airbender that would of been cool

20. ohman! Said: Comment by ohman! on September 21, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Permalink

im so sad that their gonna be gone i just cant get over it i miss katara on shows!

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Korra reminds me of Katara I’ll bet she will be very similar.

21. Airspeed Prime Said: Comment by Airspeed Prime on September 21, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

That sort of brings up Will we See Korra’s Parents, we never saw Aangs parents or Roku’s, i would like to see what the parents thought of their child being the Avatar.

22. Emmalie Said: Comment by Emmalie on September 27, 2010 at 10:19 am | Permalink

Are there going to be any auditions going to e held soon for any main characters, maybe for a second season?

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Haven’t heard anything about that, i’ll post if I hear anything.

Well if they have the first 3 recordings done , i would say they have already cast all the main Characters.

And as of now all we know is that there will 12 episodes and that more MIGHT be made if it is a success.

23. Korra_Is_Comin2011 Said: Comment by Korra_Is_Comin2011 on October 8, 2010 at 5:24 am | Permalink

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo keen

24. woodzanager Said: Comment by woodzanager on November 10, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

Ill be dissapointed if they don’t answer some questions from atla like what happened to the airbenders and I’m deeply sadend that all the past characters died but that means they all died around the age of 70 (quite yoiung for people to die in the avatar world) wouldn’t you agree. Can’t wait to see what tenzin looks like!!!! I also hope suki and sokka and suko and mai had kids and that they will be shown in the atlok because wouldn’t zukos kid be the new firelord. If anything they have to have another hilarious character like sokka in atlok because he was my favorite character from atla. Nevertheless I’m still super excited for atlok to air because its from the same creators as atla so you know the storyline will be incredible. One more thing, the live action movie wasn’t all bad if you youtube the making of it it will answer some questions about why shymalin did what he did. But I still think it could have been much better and why was it so short they should have made it atleast a two and a half hour long movie bc there was so much from the show that he skipped over.

25. Samantha Said: Comment by Samantha on January 6, 2011 at 7:33 am | Permalink

im sorry but i think its a stupid idea to have a mini
    series with katara and aang’s child. The orignal show is absolutly
    amazing and so many people fell in love with the characters so your
    gonna add more and get rid of the loved ones? To me if this wasnt
    related to ATLA it would be a good show but i just think is gonna
    ruin the legand and fame of TLA

26. Tracy Said: Comment by Tracy on April 13, 2011 at 10:10 am | Permalink

I’m just plain excited and happy it’s coming closer every day.

27. Anjali Kapur Said: Comment by Anjali Kapur on July 4, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

i’ll luv to watch this new series… and thnx to producers & script writers for the “last airbender series”

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah, the series is incredible!