26 New episodes of Korra ordered

Korra Excited about More Korra Episodes

Korra Excited about More Korra Episodes

Looks like there is going to be 26 more Korra Episodes after book 2!

Airspeed Prime here to tell you about some new “maybe news” Update, This has been confirmed!

Inside TV on Entertainment Weekly here,Β http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/11/legend-of-korra-second-season/

Tell of how Nick have ordered 26 new episodes.

Nickelodeon has picked up a second season of the animated adventure seriesThe Legend of Korra, EW has learned. ….the sequel toΒ Avatar: The Last AirbenderΒ received an order for 26 more episodes.

Basically Nick, In addition to the 26 episodes already ordered have ordered a further 26 episodes. As the writer of the article calls them two 26 episodes Seasons.

We do not yet know if the second 26 episodes will be broken down into multiple books or if it will just be a 26 episode Book 3.

Season 1 consists of Book 1 and 2 with 12 and 14 episodes respectively

Season 2 possibly consisting of an unknown amount of books adding up to 26 episodes, possibly a 26 episode Book 3 or a 12 and 14 Book 3 and 4 split.

The Legend Of Korra Episode 6 β€œAnd The Winner Is…” Description
Competition - Win a copy of Endgame (Closed)
Korra Series Finale Midnight Release Confirmed
Legend of Korra Turf Wars Part 1 Review

1. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on July 11, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Permalink

This is exploding on tumblr, a good way to describe the fandom right now?
    Its too good to be true
    I honestly have a feeling its a misunderstanding, but I PRAY ITS NOT

Ricardo Reply:

Increase the size of the explosions, because things just got real. πŸ˜€

Kelly Reply:

A NUCLEAR BOMB CANT COVER THIS EXPLOSION

Ricardo Reply:

Oh my god. I can’t stop laughing. I’m sorry Kelly, I’m not laughing at you, just at the situation. I feel sorry for you too. Argh, those two feelings truly do not mix πŸ˜‰

2. Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on July 11, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Permalink

You might want to edit the bit where you say “Now the issue here is that Book 1 (12) and Book 2 (12) make up 26 episodes. Which leaves 12 episodes unaccounted for.” Since Book 2 has 14 episodes. I’m sure you knew that, just a typing error.

3. Rance100 Said: Comment by Rance100 on July 11, 2012 at 2:25 pm | Permalink

If this is True then we will most likly hear about it at Comic Con.

4. Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on July 11, 2012 at 2:25 pm | Permalink

The concept of 4 seasons for Legend of Korra would truly be a dream (that I haven’t had) come true. I hadn’t noticed that they used the terms Book and Season differently, making book a subset of season.

5. Airspeed Prime Said: Comment by Airspeed Prime on July 11, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Permalink

I noticed a mistake upon proof reading this post in the admin section, I had Book 2 as 12 episodes the second time I mentioned it, changed 12 to 14, typo from myself πŸ™‚

6. Admin / Jordash Said: Comment by Admin / Jordash on July 11, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

Hmm, yeah EW is a pretty legit source. The way they worded it though was so confusing.

After reading it a couple of times, the meaning is pretty clear though. Looks like Nick has ordered 26 more episodes according to them.

Ricardo Reply:

Glad to know that. I was wondering about EW’s legitimacy.

7. Airspeed Prime Said: Comment by Airspeed Prime on July 11, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Permalink

Ok, the writer of the article on Twitter confirmed that it is 26 episodes in addition to the 26 already confirmed. So Korra is pretty much 52 episodes now.

Ricardo Reply:

I rarely use caps lock when typing, but.

OH. MY. GOD.

This. Is the best day of my life.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

That is super sweet! I’ll bet we’ll learn more info on this during ComicCon.

Avatar Andres Reply:

I bet so too. Is anyone here going? I’m not πŸ™

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Donna, a long-time member of the community is going to be at the event. Can’t wait to hear more from her.

Avatar Andres Reply:

Cool! I wish I could go….

8. Avatar Andres Said: Comment by Avatar Andres on July 11, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Permalink

Cool! I’m glad there’s gonna be more books, but what’s the plot? Now that’s the question…

9. Brandy Said: Comment by Brandy on July 11, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Permalink

This is kind of confusing. So are we getting more than the two books that were already planned for?

Ricardo Reply:

According to the writer of the article, yes.
    Judging by the legitimacy of EW (although they have no source), it is safe to assume that there are going to be around 52 episodes of ALOK now.

Brandy Reply:

Oh ok I see now. Never mind. In that case, my mind is being blown now!!! Oh my goodness!

10. Avatar Andres Said: Comment by Avatar Andres on July 11, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

Yup they’re making more books!

Ricardo Reply:

When you said that, I thought “There are now Avatar novels?!”.
    Then thought “Oh wait a minute…”
    πŸ˜›

11. Admin / Jordash Said: Comment by Admin / Jordash on July 11, 2012 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

My guess is that each book is going to have a self-contained plot line like Korra book 1 had. A bit different to Avatar where the entire series was surrounding one conflict.

Ricardo Reply:

It’s nice to have a change for a while. I’m astonished that the creators have so much ideas O.o
    After Noatak and Tarrlok died, I seriously had trouble thinking how on earth they could come up with more antagonists that are equal with the previous two.

12. Airspeed Prime Said: Comment by Airspeed Prime on July 11, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

Ok I have updated the post from speculation to confirmation.

Hopefully it is easier to understand now.

Ricardo Reply:

Many thanks for sharing this information. I can’t believe you found out about it literally just minutes after it went on the internet.
    You are truly omniscient. How do you manage that? O.o

I usually see most info go up on tumblr, though very few people there source it properly, so I do a bit of searching and find the original articles, read it in detail and make a news post.

13. Avatar Andres Said: Comment by Avatar Andres on July 11, 2012 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

Woohoo!!!!!!! More LOK. Oh and maybe Mike and Bryan Meant season two was coming out in two years NOT Book 2!

Ricardo Reply:

But this new information was just announced and Book 2 of ALOK was announced quite a while ago.

Ricardo Reply:

Actually, scratch that. According to Bill Rinaldi, the Legend of Korra team has known that Korra would be 52 episodes beforehand, but of course couldn’t say anything.
    However, if Mike and Bryan meant that it was SEASON two that was coming in 2 years and not BOOK 2, then that would be a cruel trick indeed.

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

i agree, WOOHOO!!!!!

14. Avatar Andres Said: Comment by Avatar Andres on July 11, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

Yea but maybe they didn’t want to reveal it till now! I wonder if pro-bending matches will continue?

15. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on July 11, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

16. KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on July 11, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Permalink

OMG!!!!!! CANT WAIT!! I”M EXPLODING RIGHT NOWW!!!!!

17. ilian124 Said: Comment by ilian124 on July 11, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

Oh my god this is amazing…it’s too good to be true!

18. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on July 11, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

I WANT TO CRY RIGHT NOW BUT IM STUCK AT A CAMP IN PENNSYLVANIA WHO DONT KNOW MY KORRA OBSESSIONS AND I WOULD FREAK THEM OUT
    I AM IN DENIAL IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING
    IM GOING TO BE ON CAP-LOCKS FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE TO DESCRIBE MY EMOTIONS
    AAAHAHAHAHHA

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

why would everyone be freaked out by your korra obsession?

19. ilian124 Said: Comment by ilian124 on July 11, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

Does anyone have direct tv? cause for some reason viacom took all of their channels out and now I don’t have nick =(

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

poor you. πŸ™ i dont have directv or nick in the first place so i cant watch korra making of a legend. πŸ™

20. Airspeed Prime Said: Comment by Airspeed Prime on July 11, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

Amazing to think that in 2 years the show has gone from being just a 12 episode mini series to 52 episodes.
    More than 4 times the number of episodes originally planned.

With this and the comics continuing strong, the Avatar universe is in excellent health, though I am not sure about the health of the fandom right now, we are 2 days away from comic con and this happens, what will happen on Friday.

They surely have to show a book 2 trailer now.

Kelly Reply:

If they dont Have a trailer I will be sad, But I would be Ok as well because we now have like at least 2 more years of avatar with us
    I WILL WAIT FOREVER

Ricardo Reply:

I lost it at “though I am not sure about the health of the fandom right now”.
    Ahahahahahaha. πŸ˜€
    Hilarious!

The Avatar universe is exactly like our own. It’ll continue expanding until all existence is gone.

21. Airspeed Prime Said: Comment by Airspeed Prime on July 11, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Bill Rinaldi on Tumblr just even further confirmed this to be true. So it is absolutely positively certain that Korra is now a 52 episode show.

Sarah Reply:

This makes my life right now! i am so happy

22. David Hall Said: Comment by David Hall on July 11, 2012 at 4:01 pm | Permalink

YES, yes and YES! This made my day for sure!

23. Sarah Said: Comment by Sarah on July 11, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Permalink

Ths is the best news ever! My day was already going pretty well but this made it a million times better

24. Kyndall Said: Comment by Kyndall on July 11, 2012 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

CAN’T. BREATHE. MUST. STAY. CONSCIOUS.

25. Haikai Said: Comment by Haikai on July 11, 2012 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

Hallelujah! This just made my day πŸ˜€

26. Tyler Wortham Said: Comment by Tyler Wortham on July 11, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Permalink

so there is 3 seasons? I AM SO EXCITED FOR KORAAAAAAA!!!!!!

27. Saladin Said: Comment by Saladin on July 11, 2012 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

well hot damn this is awesome