New 26 Episodes will consist of Book 3 and 4 each 13 episodes.

Korra Official

Korra Official

The Legend Of Korra will have 4 Books.

Yes we have clarification on how the newly announced 26 episodes will be split up into Books.

Thanks to Korra co-creator Bryan on Tumblr, http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/27078349740/im-sure-this-meme-is-dead-by-now-but-it-still

Who has clarified what the Book breakdown will be.

Book 3 will be 13 episodes and Book 4 will also be 13 episodes.

Giving us a complete Korra breakdown of

Book 1 Air – 12 Episodes

Book 2 – 14 Episodes

Book 3 – 13 Episodes

Book 4 – 13 Episodes

for a total of 52 Episodes.

And he also mentions that the end of Book 4 will be the wrap up of the Korra storyline and I assume a break for Mike, Bryan and the show crew.

1. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on July 12, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

what are the names of all the books?

No idea, it wasn’t mentioned. Hopefully we will at least get Book 2’s name tomorrow.

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

yay!

Lauren Reply:

I can’t wait to hear about that, and all the new information we will be getting more of from Comic-Con, hopefully.

cjmerle Reply:

so what now were getting 52 episodes

Yes, Korra is now a 52 Episode show, 12 of which we have already seen. So 40 more to come 🙂

ninjawarrior Reply:

if its like atla it will be the elements

2. Swagstateofmind Said: Comment by Swagstateofmind on July 12, 2012 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

It’s rumored to be called spirit…

Avatar Amanda Reply:

which one?????????? -_-

Ricardo Reply:

Book 2. But that’s only speculation.

Now that there are 4 books, it is safe to assume the rest are going to be Water, Earth, and Fire.
    Following the Avatar cycle.

3. Avatar Amanda Said: Comment by Avatar Amanda on July 12, 2012 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

this is great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^-^

ninjawarrior Reply:

me either

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

who would be able to wait

4. Lauren Said: Comment by Lauren on July 12, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

I am so excited for this! Thank you so much for keeping us updated! 😀

5. KorraFan16 Said: Comment by KorraFan16 on July 12, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

Sweet! 🙂 Now, i just have to get Nick back on Directv so i can watch it…if not, idk how im gonna watch it…

Lauren Reply:

I wouldn’t worry too much, most of the episodes of Korra I was able to watch online. A lot of websites including nick.com posted all of the episodes as they came out the next day.

6. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on July 12, 2012 at 6:21 pm | Permalink

I AM HYPERVENTILATING HELP
    IM NOT KIDDING MY ROOMATE IS FREAKED FOR ME
    I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE HAPPY IN MY LIFE!!

7. Swagstateofmind Said: Comment by Swagstateofmind on July 12, 2012 at 6:46 pm | Permalink

Book 2

Avatar Amanda Reply:

i heard it was suppose to be called energy but whatever it’s called, it will have to do with what’s happening

8. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on July 12, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

My heart is filled with so much joy I can actually feel it, like my heart hurts from pure excitement and happiness
    Tomorrow after my show, ill see all the amazing sdcc news.
    I don’t even care how I’m missing sdcc’s live coverage. As long as I see it I’m happy
    I’m am so grateful for living in this time period

9. Admin / Jordash Said: Comment by Admin / Jordash on July 12, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Permalink

Dang this is so cool, the awesome Avatar community is going to be flourishing for a long long time to come 🙂

Avatar Amanda Reply:

You got that right!!!! Avatar forever!!!!!!!!!!

10. ilian124 Said: Comment by ilian124 on July 12, 2012 at 7:42 pm | Permalink

The only down side is that we will have to wait for like 2 more years each for the other two books….=(

Avatar Amanda Reply:

Yeah, but at least there is going to be more Avatar!!!!!!!!!

11. Brandy Said: Comment by Brandy on July 12, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Permalink

Ahh! This is absolutely amazing!!! I am literally on cloud 9 right now!

ninjawarrior Reply:

so am i

12. ninjawarrior Said: Comment by ninjawarrior on July 12, 2012 at 8:24 pm | Permalink

i think book 2 will be one of the elements

13. AJ(Airbender) Said: Comment by AJ(Airbender) on July 12, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Permalink

omg yes! someone knows whats up!

14. ohsnapitstiffany Said: Comment by ohsnapitstiffany on July 12, 2012 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

THIS IS SUCH A HAPPY WEEK FOR US Avatar fans!! Oh but i don’t what to do after book 4. i can’t live without the avatar universe. <3 BUT ANYWAYS, I'm so incredibly excited!! 🙂

15. AvataraSherm Said: Comment by AvataraSherm on July 12, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Permalink

:’D So Happy!!!

16. Jadely Said: Comment by Jadely on July 12, 2012 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

wow this is AMAzing news

17. Nomad Nate Said: Comment by Nomad Nate on July 12, 2012 at 10:07 pm | Permalink

Yes! So the Avatar team is keeping new content coming along with the comics! Exciting!

18. Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on July 13, 2012 at 2:25 am | Permalink

Thanks Airspeed Prime. Brilliant news after brilliant news. The explosions just don’t stop 😉

Seeing as their are 4 books now. I’d say it’s pretty logical for the 4 books’ titles to be Air, Water, Earth, and Fire.
    Following the Avatar cycle ‘n all.

Sarah Reply:

but she already knows Water Earth and Fire….i agree with the logic though i have to say

Ricardo Reply:

It doesn’t have to be exactly like ATLA. She doesn’t necessarily have to learn the element, perhaps just have something to do with it. Maybe that’s why she’s in the Southern Water Tribe half the time and elsewhere the other half? There’s something that needs solving so she goes away to search for answers?

Sarah Reply:

maybe….i am honestly not sure what the titles will be for the book but i like your logic the best of what i have heard

19. Sarah Said: Comment by Sarah on July 13, 2012 at 2:38 am | Permalink

I read Bryan’s Tumblr and I have to say i would have loved for them to have waited to announce it at Comic Con….but oh well….I CANT WAIT! i want them all out now!

20. Amon The Bloodbender Said: Comment by Amon The Bloodbender on July 13, 2012 at 2:53 am | Permalink

I am so excited for this. Thanks for sharing this awesome news.

21. Nadya Said: Comment by Nadya on July 13, 2012 at 3:06 am | Permalink

Does anyone know when book 2 will be aired??

22. Katara Said: Comment by Katara on July 13, 2012 at 6:11 am | Permalink

I JUST DIED!!!! OMG YAY!!!!!!!!!! MY HEART LIKE LITERALLY SKIPPED A BEAT!!!! OMG I MIGHT JUST DIE!!!!

23. momo2009 Said: Comment by momo2009 on July 13, 2012 at 7:26 am | Permalink

i am really happy that we got a second season but i hope the story will have more charcter development. I also hope the conflict in legend of korra wil all be resolved by the ending of the series. And hopefully the finale for season 1 end with a cliffhanger!!!!!

love the news!

24. economybender Said: Comment by economybender on July 13, 2012 at 7:30 am | Permalink

WOW

and I hope there are more character development especially for funny and childish Bolin

25. economybender Said: Comment by economybender on July 13, 2012 at 7:49 am | Permalink

WOW, avatar always make me more and more surprised and nervous

this is epic moment and epic news ever

26. FireSageGuntur Said: Comment by FireSageGuntur on July 13, 2012 at 8:33 am | Permalink

Now I bet the Comic Con news is gonna be even better. They’ve gotta top this somehow because otherwise the fans would go into it already knowing the best news. My bet is they might show the book 2 trailer. That would e truly AMAZING.

27. Korra Watermaster Said: Comment by Korra Watermaster on July 13, 2012 at 9:12 am | Permalink

omg cant wait. can some one post info and a video on youtube of the comic con plz cause i wont be able to go

28. SarahThespian Said: Comment by SarahThespian on July 13, 2012 at 9:27 am | Permalink

A few things:
    -The new 26 will be split even which is great.
    -Then the names of the books is Iogical could be elements but with elelment there is more than four. According to Mythological avatars there was one to each element. Avatars in Mythology is like Greek and Roman gods in Mythology.
    -As for the new order of 26 episodes it does not neccesarily mean the end of the series. For a while it was rumored that book 2 would be the end so you never know because will be along time for those books to end so things could change.

Ricardo Reply:

To your second point:
    True, but there are only 4 base elements in the Avatar universe. Everything else is either a combination of the elements, or a different form of them.

29. Avatar Amanda Said: Comment by Avatar Amanda on July 13, 2012 at 9:45 am | Permalink

People are thinking the names for the books are going to follow the Avatar cycle but what I’m thinking is that they could be focused around other parts of the elements like a book about metal, lightning, or bloodbending. Or they could be about Korra’a spiritual lessons. The books could be called energy, spirit, or the Avatar State. These are just some ideas to get you thinking about what the books could be.

30. Azula Said: Comment by Azula on July 13, 2012 at 11:28 am | Permalink

Holy Moly!!! I cant believe this! This is totally amazing, I knew Legend of Korra would be popular, but this is insane!!!