New 26 Episodes will consist of Book 3 and 4 each 13 episodes.

Korra Official

Korra Official

The Legend Of Korra will have 4 Books.

Yes we have clarification on how the newly announced 26 episodes will be split up into Books.

Thanks to Korra co-creator Bryan on Tumblr, http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/27078349740/im-sure-this-meme-is-dead-by-now-but-it-still

Who has clarified what the Book breakdown will be.

Book 3 will be 13 episodes and Book 4 will also be 13 episodes.

Giving us a complete Korra breakdown of

Book 1 Air – 12 Episodes

Book 2 – 14 Episodes

Book 3 – 13 Episodes

Book 4 – 13 Episodes

for a total of 52 Episodes.

And he also mentions that the end of Book 4 will be the wrap up of the Korra storyline and I assume a break for Mike, Bryan and the show crew.

1. Avatar of Avatar Yangchen
    Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on July 12, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

what are the names of all the books?

No idea, it wasn’t mentioned. Hopefully we will at least get Book 2′s name tomorrow.

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

yay!

Lauren Reply:

I can’t wait to hear about that, and all the new information we will be getting more of from Comic-Con, hopefully.

cjmerle Reply:

so what now were getting 52 episodes

Yes, Korra is now a 52 Episode show, 12 of which we have already seen. So 40 more to come :)

ninjawarrior Reply:

if its like atla it will be the elements

feniadata Reply:

but korra had already bend them!!!???

Meelo Reply:

My mate suggested that it might go back to the elements, but i don’t agree…. Anyone got any suggestions what the book will be called?

Ricardo Reply:

Mike and Bryan have now said that the book title will be something that the Avatar has to learn or master.
    Therefore it won’t go back to the previous four elements.
    Rather, It could be anything as book 2 is spirits. Book 3 could be energy, or anything else like metal, etc.

2. Swagstateofmind Said: Comment by Swagstateofmind on July 12, 2012 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

It’s rumored to be called spirit…

Avatar Amanda Reply:

which one?????????? -_-

Ricardo Reply:

Book 2. But that’s only speculation.

Now that there are 4 books, it is safe to assume the rest are going to be Water, Earth, and Fire.
    Following the Avatar cycle.

rex Reply:

yehh it’s true, it is”: book 2 : spirits

3. Avatar of Avatar Amanda
    Avatar Amanda Said: Comment by Avatar Amanda on July 12, 2012 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

this is great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^-^

ninjawarrior Reply:

me either

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

who would be able to wait

4. Avatar of Lauren
    Lauren Said: Comment by Lauren on July 12, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

I am so excited for this! Thank you so much for keeping us updated! :D

5. Avatar of KorraFan16
    KorraFan16 Said: Comment by KorraFan16 on July 12, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

Sweet! :) Now, i just have to get Nick back on Directv so i can watch it…if not, idk how im gonna watch it…

Lauren Reply:

I wouldn’t worry too much, most of the episodes of Korra I was able to watch online. A lot of websites including nick.com posted all of the episodes as they came out the next day.

avatarkorra Reply:

i know i have Directv too and its not the same not to watch it on tv

6. Avatar of Kelly
    Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on July 12, 2012 at 6:21 pm | Permalink

I AM HYPERVENTILATING HELP
    IM NOT KIDDING MY ROOMATE IS FREAKED FOR ME
    I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE HAPPY IN MY LIFE!!

Luca Reply:

HaHaha

Meelo Reply:

Haaa, you know how to make me laugh!!! ;)

7. Swagstateofmind Said: Comment by Swagstateofmind on July 12, 2012 at 6:46 pm | Permalink

Book 2

Avatar Amanda Reply:

i heard it was suppose to be called energy but whatever it’s called, it will have to do with what’s happening

8. Avatar of Kelly
    Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on July 12, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

My heart is filled with so much joy I can actually feel it, like my heart hurts from pure excitement and happiness
    Tomorrow after my show, ill see all the amazing sdcc news.
    I don’t even care how I’m missing sdcc’s live coverage. As long as I see it I’m happy
    I’m am so grateful for living in this time period

Meelo Reply:

YOUR SO cute…. :P but i agree with you on this one!

9. Avatar of Admin / Jordash
    Admin / Jordash Said: Comment by Admin / Jordash on July 12, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Permalink

Dang this is so cool, the awesome Avatar community is going to be flourishing for a long long time to come :)

Avatar Amanda Reply:

You got that right!!!! Avatar forever!!!!!!!!!!

10. Avatar of ilian124
    ilian124 Said: Comment by ilian124 on July 12, 2012 at 7:42 pm | Permalink

The only down side is that we will have to wait for like 2 more years each for the other two books….=(

Avatar Amanda Reply:

Yeah, but at least there is going to be more Avatar!!!!!!!!!

11. Avatar of Brandy
    Brandy Said: Comment by Brandy on July 12, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Permalink

Ahh! This is absolutely amazing!!! I am literally on cloud 9 right now!

ninjawarrior Reply:

so am i

12. Avatar of ninjawarrior
    ninjawarrior Said: Comment by ninjawarrior on July 12, 2012 at 8:24 pm | Permalink

i think book 2 will be one of the elements

13. Avatar of AJ(Airbender)
    AJ(Airbender) Said: Comment by AJ(Airbender) on July 12, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Permalink

omg yes! someone knows whats up!

14. Avatar of ohsnapitstiffany
    ohsnapitstiffany Said: Comment by ohsnapitstiffany on July 12, 2012 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

THIS IS SUCH A HAPPY WEEK FOR US Avatar fans!! Oh but i don’t what to do after book 4. i can’t live without the avatar universe. <3 BUT ANYWAYS, I'm so incredibly excited!! :)

15. Avatar of AvataraSherm
    AvataraSherm Said: Comment by AvataraSherm on July 12, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Permalink

:’D So Happy!!!

16. Avatar of Jadely
    Jadely Said: Comment by Jadely on July 12, 2012 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

wow this is AMAzing news

17. Avatar of Nomad Nate
    Nomad Nate Said: Comment by Nomad Nate on July 12, 2012 at 10:07 pm | Permalink

Yes! So the Avatar team is keeping new content coming along with the comics! Exciting!

18. Avatar of Ricardo
    Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on July 13, 2012 at 2:25 am | Permalink

Thanks Airspeed Prime. Brilliant news after brilliant news. The explosions just don’t stop ;)

Seeing as their are 4 books now. I’d say it’s pretty logical for the 4 books’ titles to be Air, Water, Earth, and Fire.
    Following the Avatar cycle ‘n all.

Sarah Reply:

but she already knows Water Earth and Fire….i agree with the logic though i have to say

Ricardo Reply:

It doesn’t have to be exactly like ATLA. She doesn’t necessarily have to learn the element, perhaps just have something to do with it. Maybe that’s why she’s in the Southern Water Tribe half the time and elsewhere the other half? There’s something that needs solving so she goes away to search for answers?

Sarah Reply:

maybe….i am honestly not sure what the titles will be for the book but i like your logic the best of what i have heard

19. Avatar of Sarah
    Sarah Said: Comment by Sarah on July 13, 2012 at 2:38 am | Permalink

I read Bryan’s Tumblr and I have to say i would have loved for them to have waited to announce it at Comic Con….but oh well….I CANT WAIT! i want them all out now!

20. Avatar of Amon The Bloodbender
    Amon The Bloodbender Said: Comment by Amon The Bloodbender on July 13, 2012 at 2:53 am | Permalink

I am so excited for this. Thanks for sharing this awesome news.

21. Nadya Said: Comment by Nadya on July 13, 2012 at 3:06 am | Permalink

Does anyone know when book 2 will be aired??

economybender Reply:

Nadya Reply:

got it, thanks!!

22. Avatar of Katara
    Katara Said: Comment by Katara on July 13, 2012 at 6:11 am | Permalink

I JUST DIED!!!! OMG YAY!!!!!!!!!! MY HEART LIKE LITERALLY SKIPPED A BEAT!!!! OMG I MIGHT JUST DIE!!!!

23. Avatar of
    momo2009 Said: Comment by momo2009 on July 13, 2012 at 7:26 am | Permalink

i am really happy that we got a second season but i hope the story will have more charcter development. I also hope the conflict in legend of korra wil all be resolved by the ending of the series. And hopefully the finale for season 1 end with a cliffhanger!!!!!

love the news!

24. Avatar of economybender
    economybender Said: Comment by economybender on July 13, 2012 at 7:30 am | Permalink

WOW

and I hope there are more character development especially for funny and childish Bolin

Ricardo Reply:

I think that this could be highly likely, as Bolin is now captain of the Fire-ferrets, and he has to train two very beginner players.

Without Mako by his side constantly, he’ll have to find his own path :)

25. Avatar of economybender
    economybender Said: Comment by economybender on July 13, 2012 at 7:49 am | Permalink

WOW, avatar always make me more and more surprised and nervous

this is epic moment and epic news ever

26. Avatar of FireSageGuntur
    FireSageGuntur Said: Comment by FireSageGuntur on July 13, 2012 at 8:33 am | Permalink

Now I bet the Comic Con news is gonna be even better. They’ve gotta top this somehow because otherwise the fans would go into it already knowing the best news. My bet is they might show the book 2 trailer. That would e truly AMAZING.

Ricardo Reply:

Unfortunately there was no trailer :(

But there was a pretty awesome animatic scene and some interesting information! :D

27. Avatar of Korra Watermaster
    Korra Watermaster Said: Comment by Korra Watermaster on July 13, 2012 at 9:12 am | Permalink

omg cant wait. can some one post info and a video on youtube of the comic con plz cause i wont be able to go

28. Avatar of SarahThespian
    SarahThespian Said: Comment by SarahThespian on July 13, 2012 at 9:27 am | Permalink

A few things:
    -The new 26 will be split even which is great.
    -Then the names of the books is Iogical could be elements but with elelment there is more than four. According to Mythological avatars there was one to each element. Avatars in Mythology is like Greek and Roman gods in Mythology.
    -As for the new order of 26 episodes it does not neccesarily mean the end of the series. For a while it was rumored that book 2 would be the end so you never know because will be along time for those books to end so things could change.

Ricardo Reply:

To your second point:
    True, but there are only 4 base elements in the Avatar universe. Everything else is either a combination of the elements, or a different form of them.

SarahThespian Reply:

I undersand and completely agree with you but even if the other a off the base that does not mean they cannot focus on the sub elements of the base. In ATLA we saw sand and mental bending was a part of Earth bending. Then bloodbending that was a part of Water bending. All I am saying is that I kind of want them to break away from the base element and get a little deeper into the sub elements.

Ricardo Reply:

Ah, I see. Good point! :D

The Swamp was a mysterious place, I wonder if Korra will visit there again sometime. Perhaps get sucked down by a tornado again ;)

29. Avatar of Avatar Amanda
    Avatar Amanda Said: Comment by Avatar Amanda on July 13, 2012 at 9:45 am | Permalink

People are thinking the names for the books are going to follow the Avatar cycle but what I’m thinking is that they could be focused around other parts of the elements like a book about metal, lightning, or bloodbending. Or they could be about Korra’a spiritual lessons. The books could be called energy, spirit, or the Avatar State. These are just some ideas to get you thinking about what the books could be.

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

that would be cool if they used other elements for the names of the books. :)

30. Avatar of Azula
    Azula Said: Comment by Azula on July 13, 2012 at 11:28 am | Permalink

Holy Moly!!! I cant believe this! This is totally amazing, I knew Legend of Korra would be popular, but this is insane!!!

31. Avatar of WaterKatara
    WaterKatara Said: Comment by WaterKatara on July 13, 2012 at 11:42 am | Permalink

I am so excited! I am really glad that the show is doing so well.

I think its funny though that the Spinoff series of ATLA is going to be longer that the original series

Ricardo Reply:

Although ALOK is going to have 4 Books, it’s still going to have a total of 52 episodes, whereas ATLA had 61 episodes.

WaterKatara Reply:

Oh yea that is true, I didn’t think of that.

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

well, they are almost the same length.

32. Avatar of theboulder923
    theboulder923 Said: Comment by theboulder923 on July 13, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Permalink

The Boulder is wondering who the new antagonists will be, since Amon is probably dead.

Ricardo Reply:

No antagonist(s) were announced at the SDCC, but Korra was fighting some spirits. So perhaps spirits! :D

33. Avatar of 10oop
    10oop Said: Comment by 10oop on July 13, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

Was so freaked when i found this out? 2 more seasons? YA BUDDY! i cant wait when were on book 4 and were all like.. amon? psh… he was just a dude.. lol

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

i dont think well see amon anytime soon

34. sk Said: Comment by sk on July 13, 2012 at 11:53 pm | Permalink

the next earth bending avatar will be a boy

35. Avatar of
    Tracy Said: Comment by Tracy on July 15, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Permalink

Here’s hoping that we will get a chance to learn more about all the characters that have introduced thus far! :) :) :) I like details.

36. Avatar of Avatar Yangchen
    Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on July 16, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

im so excited for book 2! :)

37. Avatar of AVATAR FAN 101
    AVATAR FAN 101 Said: Comment by AVATAR FAN 101 on July 17, 2012 at 9:45 am | Permalink

is it true that it is going to be called the spirit ??

AwesomeBender Reply:

Yes it has been confirmed, well Spirits to be exact I think

Ricardo Reply:

Yes. Book 2: Spirits

38. Avatar of feniadata
    feniadata Said: Comment by feniadata on July 21, 2012 at 5:57 am | Permalink

I wonder what alse we can see,a lot of new staf

39. Avatar of Nagia
    Nagia Said: Comment by Nagia on July 21, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Permalink

hmm… what kind of enemy will appear in season 2?? =u= *curious*

Ricardo Reply:

Most likely spirits, although there could be still small groups of chi-blockers running around wrecking havoc :P

Nagia Reply:

Hm.. yes spirits haha I hope it will be awesome! XD there will be a lot of mystery in season 2 yay~! ugh.. why those chi-blockers don’t like benders =.=a

40. Avatar of KyoshiSakura
    KyoshiSakura Said: Comment by KyoshiSakura on July 23, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Permalink

i cant wait to see korra in the spirit world!

Nagia Reply:

Me too!!! >:D

41. Avatar of bostonmiamiheat
    bostonmiamiheat Said: Comment by bostonmiamiheat on August 29, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

korra has only been to the spirit world twice

42. Avatar of Mako
    Mako Said: Comment by Mako on September 13, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Permalink

Can’t wait, it’s gonna be EPIC!!! just wish it wouldn’t take so long :(

43. Avatar of Mako
    Mako Said: Comment by Mako on September 13, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Permalink

Can’t wait, it’s gonna be EPIC!!! just wish it wouldn’t take so long :( :( :( :(

44. Avatar of Mako
    Mako Said: Comment by Mako on September 13, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

oops, it said it couldn’t say my message that’s why I did it twice. sorry

45. Alex Said: Comment by Alex on October 25, 2012 at 6:48 am | Permalink

why so small number of episodes. Why arent the series of 20, 21 or 22 episodes each? I just dont understand. and this small number of episodes in seasons just upsets me

Mike and Bryan even wanted ATLA to have shorter seasons, but Nick was only doing 20-26 episode seasons at the time. Now that Mike and Bryan are trusted creators they were allowed to go with the shorter books they like.
    It is just Mike and Bryan preferring less episodes and have each be very important.