2 New Book 3 Images + Book 2 Spirits Art Book Confirmed

Jinora

After an uncharacteristic break with no posts, Bryan Konietzko has returned to Tumblr with a bang.

First up 2 new Book 3 Change images focused on a meditating Jinora.

Jinora

Jinora2

I am really happy to see these Jinora screens, it means she really has stepped up from being a minor character to being a major character.

From the same post Bryan mentions the reason why he has not been posting much.

Howdy, friends! Sorry for the virtual radio silence on here lately. Busier than my usual amount of busy as we are finishing up work on the second Korra art book on top of our production duties. We’re really excited to get that thing printed and released!

This is only the second time the Book 2 art book has been mentioned so it is great to see that it is nearly complete. Solicitations so far do not list it up to May so at earliest it will be out in June, unless they make an announcement. I am so excited for this book, the spirit art is going to look amazing.

Thoughts?

1. Avatar of F.L.Z
    F.L.Z Said: Comment by F.L.Z on March 4, 2014 at 5:36 am | Permalink

Looks like we are going to have Korra’s new season just after Rift!Great!!!!I’m so excited especially for book 3.After all those depression Korra had in book 2, I felt that I should stay away from her a while, but now I missed her sooooooo much!

F.L.Z Reply:

oh and about Jinora, it’s good but maybe a little more Iky and Meelo or even Rohan moments would also be great.

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

I just think the fact that Jinora did so much in book 2 as a spiritual guide that she deserves a little bit more character development but I know that Brian and Mike won’t leave all the air babies out of the picture. (:

F.L.Z Reply:

Hope so.I missed them.

2. Avatar of Water-Tribe Heart
    Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on March 4, 2014 at 6:09 am | Permalink

Yayyyy!! I live the art books and seeing the drawings and artwork on the spirit world, its gonna be awesome!! I saw a website this morning talking about book 3 and it was saying how most of the fandom believes that katara will die in this book, and that fire ambassador zuko would be joining the korra krew.. yes i know that 86 year old katara looks old but i can guarantee she is not weak, and as much as i want to see zuko, i hope to see him be a mentor to korra, not part of the krew.

BOLIN(combustion specialist). Reply:

those people who dont like avatar art book or any comic has issues

vamKing12 Reply:

Issues of the comics?

3. Avatar of Troy
    Troy Said: Comment by Troy on March 4, 2014 at 8:34 am | Permalink

The last Art Book came out in July so I think that is when they are going to do it again, based on the prediction of the earliest being June.

4. Avatar of Avatar Yangchen
    Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on March 4, 2014 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

interesting, maybe one of these is suitable enough for a new profile picture :P

HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Reply:

@airavatara No Raava don’t leave me… Actually go away Raava and stop illuminating me with your godly light presence :P

BOLIN(combustion specialist). Reply:

lol

5. Avatar of BOLIN(combustion specialist).
    BOLIN(combustion specialist). Said: Comment by BOLIN(combustion specialist). on March 9, 2014 at 8:09 am | Permalink

mehnnnnn, i havent seen even one art book at my place……. But its now available, hope am gonna get ti

6. Avatar of Troy
    Troy Said: Comment by Troy on March 21, 2014 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

Artbook being printed.

Carrot guy confirmed for back cover. Front cover is confirmed.

Troy Reply:

In addition some artwork of Kya in unseen poses, more things and pretty color choice for the inside.