12 Preview pages for Smoke and Shadow Part 1

SmokeandShadowCover

Out of nowhere we have big piece of news. Over 6 months before the book is due to come out on September 23rd we have a 12 page preview for Smoke and Shadow Part 1, the first part of the upcoming Avatar comic trilogy.

As far as a source for this preview, I am not 100% sure of the details, but Dark Horse somewhere have released these 12 page Smoke and Shadow Preview comics to hype up the upcoming release. A tumblr user, Terrible-Wander has scanned them for us.

SmokeandShadowCover

SmokeandShadowPage1

SmokeandShadowPage2

SmokeandShadowPage3

SmokeandShadowPage4

SmokeandShadowPage5

SmokeandShadowPage6

SmokeandShadowPage7

SmokeandShadowPage8

SmokeandShadowPage9

SmokeandShadowPage10

SmokeandShadowPage11

SmokeandShadowPage12

Overall I am super impressed with what I am seeing so far, a lot of stuff clearly set up in just these 12 opening pages. Who or what is the Kemurikage (Which translated into english literally means Smoke Shadow, potentially explaining the name of the comic and so on. We get the names of Mai’s parents revealed to us as Ukano and Michi.

Thoughts

1. Avatar of Jonathan Gathers
    Jonathan Gathers Said: Comment by Jonathan Gathers on March 12, 2015 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

It’s great! I’m really pleased with it so far. It seems like there’ll be a little more action, and we get to see more of Ursa and Kiyi, which is kind of exciting!

But I don’t Kie the idea of something happening to Zuko… which obviously nothing horrible does, since we see him in LOK, well and old. But still… I think that Ukano being the New Ozai leader will give several possibilities for Mai and Zuko to meet up again and give them a chance to “re-kindle the embers of their love into a big fire of love flames”.

And Tom-Tom talking? Best part!

Jonathan Gathers Reply:

Not “Kie” I meant “like”.

2. Max Said: Comment by Max on March 12, 2015 at 1:33 pm | Permalink

Avatar The Last Airbender: Legacy book will be on April 14 or October 13 2015 ?

October unfortunately.

Appa Your Flying Bison Reply:

lol thats right on my birthday :D

3. Rexx Said: Comment by Rexx on March 17, 2015 at 10:46 am | Permalink

is it true that after this comic series there will be another Avatar comic story but with a Time Skip ( like what what happened three or four years later ) ?

We don’t know for sure yet, but it looks like that idea is being discussed by the comic team. At the end of the day it is more realistic for big events to happen throughout their lives rather than all grouped together.

Vivian Reply:

I wonder if Zuko’s going to visit the Northern Water Tribe. I also wonder how people will treat him if he did. And, of course, Korra’s grandfather and all that. Hold on. Did you guys know about this? Yang says that the next book would be probably be about the Water Tribe folks! Yay 4 Katara and Sokka!

4. Tom Said: Comment by Tom on March 19, 2015 at 3:44 am | Permalink

so Smoke and Shadow is referred to a spirit called Kemurikage ( “Smoke Shadow” )

5. Avatar of avataraang
    avataraang Said: Comment by avataraang on March 30, 2015 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

this comic is gonna to be so interesting and good , that i would want to know what happens in the next part :D

6. Excited Girl Said: Comment by Excited Girl on April 26, 2015 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

So excited to see what happens next! I hope Suki is in it. I thought her concern for Zuko was pretty intriguing. Hoping to see some Azula as well!

7. Naeem Irani Said: Comment by Naeem Irani on May 3, 2015 at 4:30 am | Permalink

Thank you! thank you ! thank you!!!

8. Luna Said: Comment by Luna on June 13, 2015 at 7:31 am | Permalink

Promising~ I’m hoping for more Azula screen-time as well :P

Troy Reply:

I think the expression would be “page-time.”

9. Lual Said: Comment by Lual on August 18, 2015 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

Wow I wish I could buy all the comic books.. Except I can’t.. I have to read them all online T.T